“Market stay”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ranked #124 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
“Market stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived lste and called in to make sure our room was reserved. The clerk remembered my call and check in was quick and pleasant. We did get creme brule in our room and were disappointed. The breakfast was great and a good way to start the day. We will take advantage of the opportunity next trip great value for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Barneyboy53,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear your check in experience went smoothly. Thank you for trying our breakfast at the Bristol Bar & Grill, it is awesome! It’s sad though that you didn’t like the crème brulee because we get so many guests raving about it. We’d love for you to try our cheesecake next time, chocolate cake, or our mouth watering pecan apple crisp. Thank you again for staying with us. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jeff Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 22, 2013

WARNING!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! This hotel was VERY dirty, it smelled really bad, there was vomit on my pillow when I first went into my room because housekeeping didn't strip the bed because "no one slept in it". There were beg bug droppings in my room. They gave me another room but it had a smell to it as well. The event I was there for had all the hotels booked within 20 mile radius so I had to stay there. The hotel is very dated, the gift shop smelled so bad that I couldn't even walk in there. The furniture in the lobby was so old you could see that the cushions were sunk in on EVERY piece of furniture! The carpet was so horribly dirty throughout the hotel. The pool area was disgusting. The was a bright spot lol. The Restaurant manager (Olivia) and my server (Cichez). They were absolutely amazing the ONE time I ate there. The housing company that booked this hotel is taking off of their list due to all the complaints they receive from myself and many other guests that stayed there that weekend in March 2013!

Overall, this hotel should be shut down! The health department needs to come in a inspect that place!

Room Tip: Rooms at another Hotel are better!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Buckizfan,

Thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is of high importance to us because this is not how we operate. These issues have been dealt with accordingly because it is just unacceptable. We are sincerely sorry of how your stay turned out. We immediately received the report about the bed bugs and called our pest control right away and they turned the whole room inside and out and we are glad to report they didn’t see any. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Have a wonderful day!

Jeff Wood

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

California
Reviewed March 20, 2013

For the price this place is doing an excellent job. The moment I arrived I had a super friendly front desk greeting staff. I arrived late but needed to have dinner so they encouraged me to go to the bar and order food and surprised me with a couple of tokens to use on my dining bill. What a lovely surprise. I feel so welcomed :) Thank you front desk lady and man!

Then when I sat at the bar, even though they were closing in 5 minutes the super friendly bartender took my dinner order and stayed an extra hour giving great service. Why is everyone so NICE in Dallas? I LOVE IT!! Oh, and he gave me an extra bottle of water to take with me to my room, FREE. Thank you Mr. Bartender!!!

Then... the room. I read yelp reviews saying not so nice things about the hotel, so I was prepared for crappy rooms. But guess what? They are perfectly fine! Nice bath soaps (lemongrass scent) and bathroom was clearly updated. Nice beds. Also, FREE INTERNET throughout hotel. Yipeeee!!!!

Also love that I get free bus shuttle transportation to the Dallas Market Center. Staying here is a no brainer. I get breakfast included in my rate too! Makes my business stay sooooo simple. I don't need to get into a taxi cab for food.

I have never been here before but I will certainly come back again. At the conference discounted rate, it's a great deal and a lovely place to stay.

Good job Crown Plaza Dallas Market Center staff!!!! Will miss them when I go home to less friendlier people ;)~

As someone who is coming for the Dallas Market show, it measures up to all that I need.

Only recommendation: Have more healthy salad or healthier options on the menu. Traveling can be tough on the hips!

Room Tip: Check to see if the Trade show you are coming in for, has discounted special rates before you book.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ringinthenewyear,

Thank you so kindly for completing this wonderful review about our property. We are so ecstatic hearing all these wonderful things you experienced during your stay. We are glad you took advantage of our complimentary amenities like the shuttle and our Wi-Fi. We know these things are crucial especially to our business travelers so we don’t want our guests to worry about it while they’re here. We will surely share these feedbacks to the rest of the team – this is our goal and we are glad it is being delivered. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Dallas. Have a wonderful day!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am just completing a five-night stay at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. I actually have stayed at this property several times in the past, but this visit is my last. I'll review the reasons why other customers want to think twice before staying here. I've stayed at this hotel for events that are hosted at it, but I should have selected one of the "overflow" or alternate hotels. The lack of customer care is the biggest complaint that I have with the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. On the second night of my visit, I slipped in the bathtub and to steady my fall I grabbed the metal safety rod, which is presumably designed for this very purpose. Well, it literally came out of the wall, with tiles too, and scratched my abdomen in the process. When I went down to the lobby to explain the situation and ask for another room, the clerk feigned concern but said they were booked through the weekend. Rather than change hotels, I stayed in the room with the *literally* busted tiles in the shower. It was a mess. When I was able to change rooms on Monday, I asked about a late checkout because I am working in Dallas this week. The desk clerk assured me that it would not be a problem. However, I inquired about the late checkout the night before my departure, and was informed that I needed to be out of the room by standard checkout, which is noon. Both of these events demonstrate to me that the staff and perhaps management aren't really concerned about the customers who stay with them at the Crowne Plaza. There are a few other issues that I encountered at the Crowne Plaza but they were somewhat remedied. The heat did not work one night, and it was freezing in the room, but that was fixed the next morning. Generally, the hotel is dated, and it probably is due for a major renovation. Just be cautious when booking at this place. It's not terrible, but the service and amenities seem to have deteriorated since I first stayed here in 2005.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Cequas,

We sincerely thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and it will truly help us improve so we can provide you the best service possible. The issues you had were discussed among management and being worked on. We are still making changes to our property to better accommodate our guests and we apologize how your stay went. It is very disappointing to hear that a very loyal guest like you who’s been coming since 2005 want to stop coming but please be assured that we are still working on our property. We hope you’d give us another chance.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK hotel for one night. We had a room on the quiet side of the building and we could still hear the highway noise. The room fridge was also very loud.
The free shuttle is a bonus. The pool was temporarily closed for cleaning every time we tried to use it.
Overall I would not recommend this hotel for extended stays.

• Stayed March 2013
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Travel_for_fun_BC,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you had during your stay and giving us the opportunity to fix it. We saw the photograph that you have attached and we are pleased to say that this is in the process of being replaced. It is just a matter of time now. We are excited about replacing all our lobby furniture and carpet to better serve our guests. Please give us another chance in the near future so you can see the improvements.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just wanted to write and let you know what a wonderful time I had while staying at the Crowne Plaza for 2 days. I was there Thursday and Friday nights and just wanted to say that Brenda at the front desk is AWESOME!! She helped me with a problem and was just so friendly. Murph (the bartender) and I forget the young girl hostess (short reddish hair) but they were so friendly and I enjoyed talking with them. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza to others

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Sheila L,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Dallas. We are so pleased to hear that Brenda went above and beyond to cater to your needs. We will definitely let the team know of your wonderful feedback about Brenda, Momo, and Olivia. Comments like this keep us motivated in providing only the best customer service. Thank you again for your stay and for recommending us to other travelers. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas.

Prosper, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spring Break in Dallas. The hotel was clean, the staff was polite and helpful and the indoor pool was heated. The kids enjoyed the pool area. The staff helped with directions to outdoor activities.
The room service was quick and the ice cream included hot fudge. Great Crab Cakes.

Room Tip: High floors had a great view of Dallas skyline.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shanon J,

Thank you for you kind comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dallas market Center. We loved that you enjoyed your stay and yes, our crab cakes are awesome! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas with your family. Have a wonderful day!