“Dallas Market Attendee. Couldn't be happier!”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ranked #131 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

For the price this place is doing an excellent job. The moment I arrived I had a super friendly front desk greeting staff. I arrived late but needed to have dinner so they encouraged me to go to the bar and order food and surprised me with a couple of tokens to use on my dining bill. What a lovely surprise. I feel so welcomed :) Thank you front desk lady and man!

Then when I sat at the bar, even though they were closing in 5 minutes the super friendly bartender took my dinner order and stayed an extra hour giving great service. Why is everyone so NICE in Dallas? I LOVE IT!! Oh, and he gave me an extra bottle of water to take with me to my room, FREE. Thank you Mr. Bartender!!!

Then... the room. I read yelp reviews saying not so nice things about the hotel, so I was prepared for crappy rooms. But guess what? They are perfectly fine! Nice bath soaps (lemongrass scent) and bathroom was clearly updated. Nice beds. Also, FREE INTERNET throughout hotel. Yipeeee!!!!

Also love that I get free bus shuttle transportation to the Dallas Market Center. Staying here is a no brainer. I get breakfast included in my rate too! Makes my business stay sooooo simple. I don't need to get into a taxi cab for food.

I have never been here before but I will certainly come back again. At the conference discounted rate, it's a great deal and a lovely place to stay.

Good job Crown Plaza Dallas Market Center staff!!!! Will miss them when I go home to less friendlier people ;)~

As someone who is coming for the Dallas Market show, it measures up to all that I need.

Only recommendation: Have more healthy salad or healthier options on the menu. Traveling can be tough on the hips!

Room Tip: Check to see if the Trade show you are coming in for, has discounted special rates before you book.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Ringinthenewyear,

Thank you so kindly for completing this wonderful review about our property. We are so ecstatic hearing all these wonderful things you experienced during your stay. We are glad you took advantage of our complimentary amenities like the shuttle and our Wi-Fi. We know these things are crucial especially to our business travelers so we don’t want our guests to worry about it while they’re here. We will surely share these feedbacks to the rest of the team – this is our goal and we are glad it is being delivered. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Dallas. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am just completing a five-night stay at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. I actually have stayed at this property several times in the past, but this visit is my last. I'll review the reasons why other customers want to think twice before staying here. I've stayed at this hotel for events that are hosted at it, but I should have selected one of the "overflow" or alternate hotels. The lack of customer care is the biggest complaint that I have with the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. On the second night of my visit, I slipped in the bathtub and to steady my fall I grabbed the metal safety rod, which is presumably designed for this very purpose. Well, it literally came out of the wall, with tiles too, and scratched my abdomen in the process. When I went down to the lobby to explain the situation and ask for another room, the clerk feigned concern but said they were booked through the weekend. Rather than change hotels, I stayed in the room with the *literally* busted tiles in the shower. It was a mess. When I was able to change rooms on Monday, I asked about a late checkout because I am working in Dallas this week. The desk clerk assured me that it would not be a problem. However, I inquired about the late checkout the night before my departure, and was informed that I needed to be out of the room by standard checkout, which is noon. Both of these events demonstrate to me that the staff and perhaps management aren't really concerned about the customers who stay with them at the Crowne Plaza. There are a few other issues that I encountered at the Crowne Plaza but they were somewhat remedied. The heat did not work one night, and it was freezing in the room, but that was fixed the next morning. Generally, the hotel is dated, and it probably is due for a major renovation. Just be cautious when booking at this place. It's not terrible, but the service and amenities seem to have deteriorated since I first stayed here in 2005.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Cequas,

We sincerely thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and it will truly help us improve so we can provide you the best service possible. The issues you had were discussed among management and being worked on. We are still making changes to our property to better accommodate our guests and we apologize how your stay went. It is very disappointing to hear that a very loyal guest like you who’s been coming since 2005 want to stop coming but please be assured that we are still working on our property. We hope you’d give us another chance.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

OK hotel for one night. We had a room on the quiet side of the building and we could still hear the highway noise. The room fridge was also very loud.
The free shuttle is a bonus. The pool was temporarily closed for cleaning every time we tried to use it.
Overall I would not recommend this hotel for extended stays.

• Stayed: March 2013
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Travel_for_fun_BC,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you had during your stay and giving us the opportunity to fix it. We saw the photograph that you have attached and we are pleased to say that this is in the process of being replaced. It is just a matter of time now. We are excited about replacing all our lobby furniture and carpet to better serve our guests. Please give us another chance in the near future so you can see the improvements.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just wanted to write and let you know what a wonderful time I had while staying at the Crowne Plaza for 2 days. I was there Thursday and Friday nights and just wanted to say that Brenda at the front desk is AWESOME!! She helped me with a problem and was just so friendly. Murph (the bartender) and I forget the young girl hostess (short reddish hair) but they were so friendly and I enjoyed talking with them. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza to others

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Sheila L,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Dallas. We are so pleased to hear that Brenda went above and beyond to cater to your needs. We will definitely let the team know of your wonderful feedback about Brenda, Momo, and Olivia. Comments like this keep us motivated in providing only the best customer service. Thank you again for your stay and for recommending us to other travelers. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spring Break in Dallas. The hotel was clean, the staff was polite and helpful and the indoor pool was heated. The kids enjoyed the pool area. The staff helped with directions to outdoor activities.
The room service was quick and the ice cream included hot fudge. Great Crab Cakes.

Room Tip: High floors had a great view of Dallas skyline.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shanon J,

Thank you for you kind comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dallas market Center. We loved that you enjoyed your stay and yes, our crab cakes are awesome! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas with your family. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel probably peaked in the mid 90's, or so. No real complaints about the hotel. It is only getting a three star rating, because it is the Crowne Plaza. They are supposed to be held to a higher standard. This certainly wasn't any nicer, and I would even say not quite as nice as a lot of Hampton Inn's that I have stayed at.

Staff was nice, and room was decent. Nothing spectacular. I stayed here because I Pricelined a good price. I doubt that this should be 3.5 star. Very average hotel, with nice lobby. Not impressive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear JohnIR,
Thank you for taking time to post your comments about our property. We’re very sorry we didn’t meet your expectations. We appreciate your kind feedback about our nice staff and rooms. Our goal is for our guests to have a great experience with us and we hope that you will allow us show you some of our other amenities on property like our heated indoor pool, our hot tub, our Bristol Bar & Grill, etc. Your business is important to us and we would love to have you back. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stay at IHG resorts around 4 months out of the year due to work, the rest I go to other companies. This was by far the worse experience I have ever had in any hotel. The room was ok but the problem is in the dining area. I was greeted by a waiter that took my order but explained that due to his shift being over he would give my information to the bartender. I waited 45 minutes while watching the staff of 4 walking around and going to other tables but not mine, they didn't even ask if I wanted something to drink. I waived to one of them and asked where my food was and she said that she was going to look for it in the kitchen, 10 minutes later she came with food that was still missing part of my original order, she went back and another 10 minutes passed by for the rest to come. When I finished and asked for my bill the bartender came and asked if I wanted a drink on the house for my inconvenience, I told him that it was too late for something to be done. After I left I went to the front desk to talk to the manager on duty and explained what happened, he assured me that he would talk to the F&B manager regarding this and that "if I wanted" I could follow up the next day with the GM. The following day in the afternoon I went to the executive offices and asked for the GM and what was the status of what happened the night before and another manager on duty said that it was already taken care of, but the GM never came or approaced me regrading this matter. Even when I checked out I thought that he or she would at least write me a letter but NOTHING happened. This was by far the worse customer service I have ever received and I will never come back to this property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roger A

Dear Roger A,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is very disappointing to hear about your frustrations and I’m extremely sorry. Unfortunately, I wasn’t made aware of this issue and we are retraining because this is unacceptable. Please know that I would have acted quickly if this was communicated to me. I take these concerns seriously for it helps us correct our areas of operation to prevent things like this from happening again. Again, I sincerely apologize for this incident and please give us another chance to make it up to you.