“Fantastic Stay”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ranked #131 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Great service and definitely sign up for the preferred customer/points program.

Room Tip: Sign up for points program
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for a very nice review! It is always good to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Nothing overly fancy here, just great hotel service, nice clean and quiet rooms and a great value.

I've stayed at this hotel three times the past six months and have always found the front desk staff to be friendly without being "fake". I feel like they genuinely want to make my stay there pleasant.

The rooms are nice, especially where it counts: cleanliness, quiet and nice comfortable bed. Not overly spacious but okay for one or two people.

The breakfast is incredible, an omelet bar with a full buffet, included in your stay? Not bad at all.

My work takes me to UTSWMC and this general area, which is a plus, so the location, hotel room price and amenities are a bargain for me.

If you are looking for a hotel in this area, check these guys out, the hotel staff will try their best to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay. We also offer FREE parking and internet as well as area shuttle with in a 5 mi radius. Our Priority Club reception is one of a kind, it is every Wednesday, and hopefully you will enjoy it during your next stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Platinum Priority perqs are minimal at this serviceable hotel. A platinum-level guest receives $10 worth of chips that can be used for drinks or meals at the hotel. Not $10/day, but $10 no matter how long the stay is for. Like many Texas Crowne Plazas, this one has a deal with the US Military to house enlistees. However, unlike other Crowne Plazas, for some reason (probably due to ease of billing) this one segregates its dining room to keep military and civilian guests separate. This practice is somewhat disconcerting. And for some reason there were flies in the dining room each evening. Another downside of the hotel is the technology level of the rooms. The TV was a blurry 32" cathode ray tube affair. The alarm clock was the ancient Sony Dream Machine which is just as hard to program for an alarm as it was fifteen years ago.
The plus side of the hotel is its convenience to Love Field and the good cheer of the dining room waitstaff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your comments are important and we can certainly use your feedback to improve our services for future guests. We strive for excellence in all areas of our hotel. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas you will stay with us again and let us show you that we can do better.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel looked a bit old, but I found it adequate for a short stay. I would, however, probably consider other hotel options next time in the area.

Pros:
1. Check-in was quick and friendly.
2. Room was huge with a living area, decent sized flat screen TV, coffee maker.
3. King bed was comfortable with good linens.
4. Free and plentiful parking
5. Free in-room wifi with good connection speed

Cons:
1. My room had 2 adjoining rooms. The walls are very thin, and the next room opening and closing doors sounded like my own door and got me startled a few times late at night.
2. Very basic bathroom products, only shampoo, conditioner and soap, no lotion, mouthwash, shower cap or cotton swabs. Crowne Plaza sleep amenities were NOT provided.
3. My room faced the freeways and the noise was bothersome on a couple of nights, even on a high floor.
4. Hotel website states there is an in-room safe in each room, but there was none in my room.
5. My personal pet peeve at hotels--impersonal check-out. I expect to hear at least "How was your stay" and "Thanks for staying with us" at check-out. All I got at this hotel was "You're all set."

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hgmadventure
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I truly apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

Again, thanks for your time. On behalf of my entire staff and my self, I apologize and hope that you will return and we can offer you a more pleasant hotel experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2011

If you are looking for a place to get away from the family and relax I would recommend this hotel. However, if you are relaxing to get away and stay in the room to watch tv, this is NOT the hotel. The TV was the worst for me. My whole purpose was to stay in the room and watch TV. You could barely read the guide on the TV to see whats on. Overall, it was nice and clean but being that this is mainly for business people, I see the TV is their least concern. I went twice two weekends in a row and still overall liked it.. MINUS my main purpose was the TV.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for your review! Our goal is for all guests to have a great night's sleep and to enjoy our hotel services. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

We hope you will stay with us again when you visit Dallas.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I decided to spend a quick night away from home this past weekend, so I Pricelined a room in the Market Center area. We had plans to go to Medieval Times, which is over an hour away from our home. I stayed at another Crowne Plaza just a few nights ago in California and had a horrible experience. So I was less than thrilled about getting another Crowne Plaza hotel. Fortunately we discovered that not all Crowne Plaza's are the same.

Check in - The lady checking us in was very pleasant and efficient.

Our Room - Our room was a double overlooking the front of the hotel and the freeway. The recent refurbishment of the hotel was evident in everyway. The room was well appointed and the beds quite comfy.

Pool - This location has a nice sized indoor pool. It was being enjoyed by quite a few guests. Wish we could have arrived sooner and enjoyed it as well.

Parking - Parking was free. Yay! The hotel seemed to be quite full, but we had no trouble finding satisfactory parking.

Lobby Bar - Having noticed a bar off the lobby when we were checking in, we invited our fellow dinner companions back to the hotel for a drink. The bar was pretty busy, and you had to get your own drinks (no waitstaff), but we really enjoyed ourselves. The drinks were nice and tasty and the bar / dining area was comfortable and not so loud that you couldn't enjoy conversation.

Checkout - No surprises at checkout, other than a friendly face.

Overall we were pleased with this Crowne Plaza and would be happy to have a reason to return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tinabinab
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the FREE parking and other amenities. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We only had a few issues. First, when you ask where the hot tub is at the front desk, it would be really nice if they would let you know it was out of order also instead of letting you walk there to find it out for yourself. OH and the smell in the front desk and lobby....kinda smelled like pee would be the best I could describe. Think, walking into a nursing home. Bad smells are an easy fix and I hope they take care of it soon. The other problem we had was no hot water in the shower. There is nothing like waking up and taking a nice lukewarm shower to get your day started. I had no issues with the room. They were plain but clean....and the bartender was really, really nice.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I truly apologize for the issues you encountered at our hotel. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

Best regards,