“Quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #108 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
dallas
“Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

If you are looking for a place to get away from the family and relax I would recommend this hotel. However, if you are relaxing to get away and stay in the room to watch tv, this is NOT the hotel. The TV was the worst for me. My whole purpose was to stay in the room and watch TV. You could barely read the guide on the TV to see whats on. Overall, it was nice and clean but being that this is mainly for business people, I see the TV is their least concern. I went twice two weekends in a row and still overall liked it.. MINUS my main purpose was the TV.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for your review! Our goal is for all guests to have a great night's sleep and to enjoy our hotel services. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

We hope you will stay with us again when you visit Dallas.

Jeff Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I decided to spend a quick night away from home this past weekend, so I Pricelined a room in the Market Center area. We had plans to go to Medieval Times, which is over an hour away from our home. I stayed at another Crowne Plaza just a few nights ago in California and had a horrible experience. So I was less than thrilled about getting another Crowne Plaza hotel. Fortunately we discovered that not all Crowne Plaza's are the same.

Check in - The lady checking us in was very pleasant and efficient.

Our Room - Our room was a double overlooking the front of the hotel and the freeway. The recent refurbishment of the hotel was evident in everyway. The room was well appointed and the beds quite comfy.

Pool - This location has a nice sized indoor pool. It was being enjoyed by quite a few guests. Wish we could have arrived sooner and enjoyed it as well.

Parking - Parking was free. Yay! The hotel seemed to be quite full, but we had no trouble finding satisfactory parking.

Lobby Bar - Having noticed a bar off the lobby when we were checking in, we invited our fellow dinner companions back to the hotel for a drink. The bar was pretty busy, and you had to get your own drinks (no waitstaff), but we really enjoyed ourselves. The drinks were nice and tasty and the bar / dining area was comfortable and not so loud that you couldn't enjoy conversation.

Checkout - No surprises at checkout, other than a friendly face.

Overall we were pleased with this Crowne Plaza and would be happy to have a reason to return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tinabinab
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the FREE parking and other amenities. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

We only had a few issues. First, when you ask where the hot tub is at the front desk, it would be really nice if they would let you know it was out of order also instead of letting you walk there to find it out for yourself. OH and the smell in the front desk and lobby....kinda smelled like pee would be the best I could describe. Think, walking into a nursing home. Bad smells are an easy fix and I hope they take care of it soon. The other problem we had was no hot water in the shower. There is nothing like waking up and taking a nice lukewarm shower to get your day started. I had no issues with the room. They were plain but clean....and the bartender was really, really nice.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I truly apologize for the issues you encountered at our hotel. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

Again, thanks for your time. On behalf of my entire staff and my self, I apologize and hope that you will return and we can offer you a more pleasant hotel experience.

Best regards,

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Big selling point for this hotel is its proximity to Love Field and I-35, but that comes at the price of an iffy-feeling neighborhood. We got hit up for "gas money" by a guy cruising the parking lot in a pickup within moments of coming back from dinner. Clientele seemed to be a few biz travelers, but also a lot of 20-somethings milling about for whatever reason. I didn't feel unsafe, but I don't know that I'd send my wife and kid here alone.

On the plus side: About 3 miles from Love Field, convenient to downtown and uptown areas. Huge rooms with great A/C, decent bed. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice details such as free wireless internet and electrical outlets in lamp bases (no need to crawl around under the desk to charge your stuff). Decent cheap breakfast buffet with an omelette station.

Negatives: Neighborhood and clientele appeared a bit sketchy. Slightly dingy and dated feeling in hallways and bathroom. Weak shower, no trash can in sight in bathroom. Coworker awoke to find her room service order still hanging on her door. $159 single/king base price felt a bit steep for what we got and what else is available for that price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you sharing these comments with us. We sincerely apologize that the service you experienced during your stay did not meet your expectations. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction. On the other hand thank you for letting us now that you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

We spent one night (Wednesday). There was myself and my 20 year old son. Check in was kind of slow as they had the Priority window closed. We had an early flight in the morning out of Dallas Love Field. I asked about the morning shuttle as I intended to just leave me car at the hotel. If you need the shuttle you may want to call ahead of arrival. I wanted 7:30 and the time was already taken, as was 7:00. I had to settle for 8:00. We were assigned a room on the 16th floor. When we got to the room there appears to have been an issue in the hallway as there was one of those portable dryers sitting almost in front of our door. Not sure if it was because the dryer was in front of the door sturring up smells or what but the room smelled musty. I sprayed some Lysol that I travel with but could still smell it. I called the front desk and they offered to move us - next door. Not thank you. They moved us to the 15ht floor. The room was a little smaller and had no refrigerator but it was only for one night. The TV reception was pretty bad. Since the weather wasn't the greatest we decided to eat at the resturant in the hotel. The food was good but overpriced. The room rate included breakfast and it was ok also. I wouldn't have paid that much for breakfast. We decided to just park at the airport so I cancelled the shuttle when we went down for breakfast. All in all average.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your comments are important and we can certainly use your feedback to improve our services for future guests. We strive for excellence in all areas of our hotel. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas you will stay with us again and let us show you that we can do better.

Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

Bed and TV are both at least 10 years old
Breakfast was horrible
Rooms in desperate need of updating
Indifferent service
Located next to noisy freeway

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I truly apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on areas were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us make Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

Huuby & I brought our little Maltese puppy with us for our stay Jan 14-16, 2011, during a martial arts conference. We enjoyed everything about our stay, especially the friendly staff, who were always ready with a smile as they saw us strolling through the lobby with our little pup. We were pleased to note that our dog was widely welcomed & we felt quite well accommodated. Our room, while a bit dated, was clean & tidy; we enjoyed a lovely view & the quiet of the 20th floor made coming in at night feel relaxing. Staff were all quite helpful & friendly, though we had to call & check up on our laundry service in order to ensure timely delivery of our clothing for our next day's activities. Excellent value for room, amenities & service, overall. The hot tub was an especially nice amenity for my husband after he'd had a long day of training on the mat, & was looking to soothe sore muscles. This represented our first stay as Proirity Club members, & we are excited to book our next trip with the Crowne Plaza family.Bravo to the Market Center Staff; we look forward to staying with you next year.

• Stayed January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay. We love pets and enjoy having them stay with us as well. We also offer FREE parking and internet as well as shuttle with in a 5 mi radius. Our Priority Club reception is one of a kind, it is every Wednesday, and hopefully you will enjoy it during your next stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.