I used to enjoy staying at the Crescent Court on previous trips to Dallas, but my recent stay revealed an aging property with serious service gaps. I arrived at 3 PM, the designated check-in time only to be to told no clean rooms were available, and I was asked to take a seat in the lobby. A few minutes later I was handed my key and directed to a room that turned out to be in the early stages of being cleaned -- not ready at all, as promised. The elevators, by the way, are extremely slow, which made the superfluous roundtrip from the lobby even more aggravating. Other guests on the elevator commented on the slow equipment too. Back to the lobby I went, where I received a perfunctory apology for the uncleaned room assigned to me ("the computer said it was clean"). Then, I was told no clean room in the category I reserved (and prepaid) was available but I could get a downgrade to a lower category. (When I suggested an UPgrade to account for the glitches, I was told that wasn't possible.) I was promised I would receive a refund for the difference in room category price. When I went to my assigned room, it indeed was a low category, with no stall shower (standard in luxury hotels these days) -- only a bathtub with shower curtain, and a view of an office building across the courtyard. The room was very average -- more like a Westin than a luxury chain like Rosewood. Upon check-out, the promised refund was not made -- the desk clerk said it wasn't possible with a prepaid reservation -- but at least the valet parking charge was removed. Apart from the front desk staff, the other staff members were very cordial.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring undeniable charm that is quintessentially Texan, we meld sophistication and heritage into an experience that is uniquely ours to share with you. With our immersive spa, renowned dining, and serene pool just moments away from the trolley, our tranquil world opens up to a universe filled by arts, shopping and entertainment districts. This is country club living with the city at hand. This is Hotel Crescent Court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Crescent Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Crescent Court Dallas
- Rosewood Crescent Court Hotel Dallas
- Crescent Hotel Dallas