“Crescent Court has slipped”

Hotel Crescent Court
Ranked #49 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Washington, DC
“Crescent Court has slipped”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I used to enjoy staying at the Crescent Court on previous trips to Dallas, but my recent stay revealed an aging property with serious service gaps. I arrived at 3 PM, the designated check-in time only to be to told no clean rooms were available, and I was asked to take a seat in the lobby. A few minutes later I was handed my key and directed to a room that turned out to be in the early stages of being cleaned -- not ready at all, as promised. The elevators, by the way, are extremely slow, which made the superfluous roundtrip from the lobby even more aggravating. Other guests on the elevator commented on the slow equipment too. Back to the lobby I went, where I received a perfunctory apology for the uncleaned room assigned to me ("the computer said it was clean"). Then, I was told no clean room in the category I reserved (and prepaid) was available but I could get a downgrade to a lower category. (When I suggested an UPgrade to account for the glitches, I was told that wasn't possible.) I was promised I would receive a refund for the difference in room category price. When I went to my assigned room, it indeed was a low category, with no stall shower (standard in luxury hotels these days) -- only a bathtub with shower curtain, and a view of an office building across the courtyard. The room was very average -- more like a Westin than a luxury chain like Rosewood. Upon check-out, the promised refund was not made -- the desk clerk said it wasn't possible with a prepaid reservation -- but at least the valet parking charge was removed. Apart from the front desk staff, the other staff members were very cordial.

2 Thank Capcityman
RosewoodCrescent, General Manager at Hotel Crescent Court, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Capcityman,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your valuable feedback from your last stay with us. I am very sorry for the lack of service receieved from our team at the Rosewood Crescent. We pride ourselves on service and our team works very hard to make sure that the guests have a great experience when they stay with us. We have failed on this occasion and for this I would like to apologize. We take all the feedback very seriously and will be addressing the issues that you have brought to our attention.

Dear Capcityman,I would be glad to talk to you more in detail and you can reach me by email at Avi.haksar@rosewoodhotels.com so we can discuss what else we can do. We do hope to have a chance to be able to speak.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Arrived from an overnight flight a 5.30 in the morning and without a fuss got appointed a room without extra charges. Very pleased with that service! Spacious and elegantly decorated room with all facilities.
Hotel has a pool is spacious and a convenient location in Dallas.
I was offered complimentary limo service by hotel when there was no taxi immediately available. Really outstanding service and taking good care of their guests. Would recommend to everyone, also when travelling with kids.
Although I found breakfast expensive, hotel offers good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RosewoodCrescent, General Manager at Hotel Crescent Court, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Timujaco,

Thank you very much for your feedback from your most recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on service and our staff work hard to make all our guests have comfortable stay with us. I be sure to share this with all our associates and thank them for a job well done. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Rosewood Crescent in the near future. Please let us know if we may be of assistance on your next visit to Dallas.

Managing Director.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lovely. Quiet. Exceptional service. Great for business and personal stay. Nice area to shop and walk. I could move in here! Rooms have French Doors and Juliette balconies. Nobu on site. Many nearby excellent restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RosewoodCrescent, General Manager at Hotel Crescent Court, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Denise C,

We truly appreciate you giving us your valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us. Our staff have always been our strongest asset and I will be sure to share these comments with them and thank them for giving exceptional service. Once again, we thank you very much for your comments and we all look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel with wonderful staff! I would have given 5 stars but our thermostat clicked off overnight and the room was very hot. We only stayed one night, but will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Dallas! Also, if you love fresh (never frozen) stone crab (in season October-April) be sure to eat at Truluck's across the street! Delicious!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RosewoodCrescent, General Manager at Hotel Crescent Court, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear BeanRust,

Thank you very much for giving us your most valuable feedback from your last stay with us. We will definitely look into the issue with the thermostat and make sure we rectify the issue, so that it does not happen to the next guest. We are glad to hear that your stay was a wonderful one and you enjoyed the hospitality of the staff. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you for your next visit back to Dallas and the Rosewood Crescent Hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a wonderful time. Great room- great massages. Without the interaction and suggestion of the bellman we would not have known about the "courtesy car," which was a very nice bonus This was for our anniversary and everyone was very efficient without rushing.
We will be back!

• Stayed November 2013
RosewoodCrescent, General Manager at Hotel Crescent Court, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Fallbrook65,

We are delighted to read that your weekend with us was a perfect one. Our staff have been known to be our strongest asset and I will be sure to share these lovely comments with them. The team will be very happy to know that they were able to make your anniversary a great one. We look forward to having you back with us at your home away from home in Dallas.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2013

First--its a well polished hotel. Their concierge was intelligent and top rate. The lobby is beautiful. And there is a Starbuck's in the complex. Nobu is there. Wow.
But for all the quality appointments, the chair and desk in the room make working difficult.
I wouldn't discourage people from staying there, but that little nuance is one of those details that will keep me from coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bobwphilly,

Thank you very much for the valuable feedback from your stay with us. I will be sure to share the comments with our staff and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.
Please let us know if we can assist for your next trip back to Dallas.

Best of Regards

Katy, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is such a beautiful, elegant hotel! The service is great, and the rooms are very nice! There are so many nice little places to relax in the lobby. The breakfast restaurant is very nice too. My daughter and I enjoyed having our spa day right in the hotel! We've stayed here a couple of times, and wish we could stay more! It is very pricey!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Collegemom13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback from your most recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you and your daughter had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. We look forward to being of service to you and your daughter on your next visit back to the hotel.