“Disappointing Spa Services - You get what you pay for”

Hotel Crescent Court
Ranked #57 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Bought a package on Travelzoo and was pleasantly surprised by the inexpensive price for massage or facial plus lunch at the Spa. However, you get what you pay for. We opted for massage and both of us felt very rushed through the massage...not relaxing. Our massages were mediocre at best. The locker room was crowded and in need of a remodel or facelift. The one bright spot was Chela who works in the locker room. Just the nicest attendant ever! She knows what you need or want before you do! The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi facilities are okay. Although, I felt like the steam room got dangerously hot very quickly. The lunch in the spa was tasty. Although, again the spa lunch facilities felt old and in need of a facelift. Contrast that to the beautiful, airy and contemporary lobby at the Crescent and you feel like you went through a time warp. I would NOT go to the spa at the Crescent again and I would NOT recommend it. However, if you want to relax in a gorgeous hotel lobby and then have dinner at Nobu (in the hotel), I would say go go go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just spent the weekend at this hotel and, although the staff was wonderful, both nights we were disturbed by drunken arguing out In the hall. We won't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it as a weekend getaway shouldn't leave you exhausted.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lstamu
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It's been about 14 years since I stayed here last and have things ever changed. The rate was very reasonable and now I know they price for what you get: a noisy room in desperate need of capital improvements. The carpet was stained, the baseboards chipped, the bathroom plumbing spotty, and the luggage bench upholstery torn. The sheets are solid but scratchy. Bedding is definitely not on par with like class hotels. I, and other guests on my floor also, had a rough time sleeping because of all the noise from mysterious mechanical sounds and guests congregating in the hallways at 1:30 am. The gym was nicely equipped, but I think they have local memberships which probably require them to maintain. Elevator also wasn't working this morning. The staff are friendly which helps.

Room Tip: Every side of the hotel wing is noisy (based on my polling fellow guests). Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GoldenGooseLV
Reviewed February 23, 2013

For the price you can do much better. I am surprised that Rosewood is not keeping up with the property. Rooms are outdated and plumbing is not up to par. Prefer Ritz down the street. The sheets on the bed had too much startch and therefore itchy.

Front desk and valet very friendly.

Hotel restaurant service for brunch is average at best. Food was fair.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

To surprise my wife for Valentine's Day, i decided to take her to downtown Dallas for an enjoyable dinner and overnight stay at the Crescent. It is, without question, an aesthetically beautiful hotel and my wife has been wanting to try the hotel for many years. Our stay started well with a friendly greeting from the valet staff and a helpful welcome and expedient check in at the front desk. From that point forward, however, it as hard to undertand what the big deal was about the hotel. Another reviewer recently pointed out that all that one could really say that as good about the room was the comfortable bed. I might add the fact that there were multiple outlets for charging electronics. Take away these two positives and everything else seemed in need of a remodel. Old looking carpet, loose fixtures, low water pressure, no space in bathroom for personal items, etc.

We did have breakfast at the conservatory. Food was good and our meal was part of our room package. Service was pretty slow but in fairness to the staff, we did not say we were in a rush and my wife was dressed in workout clothing so it could have been assumed we were oj vacation. Time did not permit us to use the spa and fitness center so i cant comment on the facilities (which i hear from friends who are members is first class).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Good: Well, the spa. The Crescent’s spa is one of the best I’ve experienced in a non-resort setting. It boasts all the offerings you need to start your day off right. Steam, sauna, whirlpool, ice bath, S, S and S, all in a nicely appointed space that was not crowded. They supply robes, towels, workout gear, and flip-flops. There is a topnotch workout facility, typical spa services (yoga, etc.) and a juice bar with plenty of space to relax. All this and the spa staff was wonderful, a shining and welcomed contrast to the rest of the hotel staff. Proximate Starbucks is helpful when there is nothing for breakfast available aside from the hotel.

The Bad: Elevators. Get two more. I haven’t looked at the other reviews but there is no way this isn’t a top complaint (you’ll wait ten minutes then stop at every floor). Lame lobby bar. Guestroom bathrooms: As part of a block, I spoke with plenty of other guests who all agreed the plumbing was inconsistent and leaked. If you were taking a shower, you definitely knew when someone else in the hotel flushed his or her toilet. Bath amenities were disappointing for the hotel’s price-point. I mean come on, if you’re going to go with the stationary soap pumps, at least make them easy to use and slap some comforting brand on them. My body was a chapped mess after every use, even with using the lotion, which I feel I shouldn’t have to use. And what was Starbucks doing closed on Sunday morning? This is America, right?

The Ugly: You know what they say about Texas Hospitality…nothing, not a word, demonstrated so frustratingly by the staff. To be fair, this was a wedding weekend and it could have been the wedding planner’s fault, but there was a lot of finger pointing and the hotel could not make it right (or even call us back with someone who could explain the problem). To put it simply, we did not get the rooms and room types we were confirmed by the hotel. Wedding day plans had to be altered, people were displaced and had to share beds. Speaking of sharing beds, double-double rooms? Are you serious, luxury price-point? This hotel needs more queens than Dallas Woodies on a Tuesday night. Maybe the rooms are too small, which is probably even worse.

Room Tip: With comps like the relatively new Ritz (with spacious guest rooms and amazing restaurant) and the f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Bad weather cancelled my flight to Detroit on a Friday afternoon, so over a late lunch at Truluck's Seafood restaurant on McKinney Ave I realized I would need a hotel room in Dallas for one night. As I looked out the window I saw the handsome façade of the Rosewood Crescent Hotel across the street and booked a room there with ease through the internet and my iPhone. The Crescent® "is considered Dallas’ première multi-purpose business complex," and has elegant shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries and the Rosewood Crescent Hotel itself. When you enter the hotel, you are struck by the beauty of its lobby. There is no bar, but there is cocktail service in the comfortable seating area,. The Japanese restaurant chain Nobu is there, and for breakfast you have the Conservatory restaurant. For dining you may enjoy the private and luxurious Crescent Club across the courtyard which I shall review separately. The Rosewood is not a new hotel, but I found it calmly reassuring. My room was quiet and comfortable, with a handsome desk, free internet, and a reading chair. It has a 1990's feel to it, like the old fashioned tub-shower in the bath, and although the rooms could use a sprucing up, I have no complaint. There was a modern flat screen TV, 2 queen size beds, a nice view over the Crescent Court, luggage racks, good wardrobes, bathrobes, soft colours and excellent bedding. It was too cold to use their beautiful outdoor pool, but I loved the large fitness center. The Spa services look very professional. After breakfast on Saturday, I spent the morning at the desk catching up on emails, and ordered coffee from room service - excellent coffee! The staff had been very helpful, polite and cordial for my brief stay,particularly the concierge. All in all, this proved to be the nicest and most comfortable hotel I have known in Dallas. Call me old-fashioned, but I would happily return, as it was a welcome break from the cold modern types I have been staying at mostly during my most recent trip. I felt "at home" in the Rosewood Crescent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard, which is enjoyable to view and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo