“Good location and helpful staff”

Hotel Crescent Court
Ranked #51 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good location and helpful staff”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The location and staff at the Rosewood are great. The concierge made getting to places simple and coordinated the delivery of my packages well. The front desk was also very helpful, moving me to a better room after I expressed that I was unhappy in the one originally assigned to me.

There are some great restaurants near to the hotel and Nobu is in the lobby level (very convenient).

Having said this, the hotel seems like it is in need of a revamp...The rooms are a tired.

Overall it was "good" but far from a five-star luxury experience.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the second floor, there can be noise from the lobby and the hallway tends to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nadeem N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moraga, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived at the Crescent Hotel this past Thursday evening and I knew from setting foot on the property that we were going to have a great time. From the minute you step out of your car, the pampering and attention their staff give you is second to none. They do everything for you except carry you around and chew your food for you! The hotel is beautifully appointed and very well maintained. They also have an Audi A8 that is available to take you within a certain square mile radius so that you don't have to take a cab. It's VIP all the way baby!

We spent one morning at the Spa and the attention to detail was continued there as well. I had a Body Polish that was amazing and my skin felt baby soft afterwards then I had a wonderful Aromatherapy massage for 50 minutes. Both attendants were incredible -- and I've had my share of massages at fine spas! Prices were normal for an upscale spa and not over the top expensive.

The attention to detail was what was stunning to me -- every day we had a different "goodie" treat when we arrived back from a long day at the spa or shopping. One day was chocolate dip sauce with little treats and cookies to dip, and another was a healthier trio of fruit and nuts.

I also have to point out that the bed is amazingly comfortable and reminded me of one of the Westin's Heavenly Beds - yes, very comfy.

Housekeeping was also very detailed and they picked up my dresses that needed dry cleaning on Thursday night then brought them back on Friday in time for me to put one on for the evening. And they were perfect.

We spent time by the pool one of the days. Now, compared to some other hotels, the pool was not very large but it fits about 30 people around it comfortably. They had a nice young man that handled drinks and lunch for us and always had a smile on his face.

You feel very "taken care of" at the Crescent and the staff there take pride in how they treat their guests. I will definitely go back next time I visit the Dallas area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Temple, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Crescent for one night, for a wedding. It was a nice hotel and our room, on the 5th floor, had a nice view of the pool. We were excited by the bathrobes and slippers in the room, as well as the dual-head showerhead. I especially like the vanity, which was a GREAT spot for getting ready for the wedding.
Unfortunately we were there for such a short time that we didn't have time to explore the hotel and all it really had to offer. We never made it to the workout room, spa, or restaurant in the lobby so I can't attest to any of those things. However the margaritas from the hotel bar were REALLY expensive and came in relatively small glasses, so that wasn't great.
We did spend a lot of time in the atrium room and the ballroom, where the wedding and wedding reception were held. The atrium was beautiful, although all through the wedding you could see people walking around the outdoor courtyard area and some of them coming close to see what was going on. You'd think they could've roped that section off for the ceremony or something.
Overall it was a good experience but maybe a little pricey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Arriving at the Crescent I was a bit taken aback as the door staff was dressed like they were going to wash my car – is this upscale? But things improved from there. I stayed 3 days on business in one of the suites (entry to which require the navigation of 2 elevators and came with very nice daily amenities but no Wi-Fi). In my Dallas travels what I look for is the absence of problems, and unlike many of the other properties in the city, that is what I found at the Crescent. Comfortable, quite, clean, elegant – and they were able to call me by name in short order.

Now this is not a resort hotel – no views from the rooms (you look at an office building and parked cars – but usually pretty nice rolling stock), a pool which is nothing to speak of, etc. - But the workout facilities are top shelf, the men’s locker room had a nice clubby feel, and room service was most adequate. Inexplicably, there is no service at the pool – not even a phone to order something – but I was able to obtain a frosty beverage on one occasion from passing staff that was served at poolside in a bottle – so I guess they trusted me.

The complimentary car service was always available, eliminating the need for a taxi, letting me enjoy dinner in the many fine surrounding restaurants (Nick & Sam's was disappointing), which was a nice touch. Usually, you can never get the car.

The Crescent did not try to be something it wasn’t, which is where so many of the other properties have their issues, so it gets my recommendation for business travel. Get a dress code for the door staff and insist on free Internet (if you forget to get it up front, they charge by device, which is as annoying as it is cheap – do you have an IPad and a computer?). I cannot decide if I am going back there on my next trip or if I will give the Ritz a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mardenco
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well kept and well managed a lovely break from the busy outside world.

It's location is tremendous with Trulucks (seafood) across the street, Capital Grille in the attached building and Nobu (Fantastic Asian cuisine) in the hotel!!!

Spa is quite nice.

What a great get away from the grind!!

• Stayed August 2012
FORT WORTH
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Don't know how gybenhamou could claim the Rosewood Crescent was "rundown". We had a fantastic experience and were treated like the only guests by the Crescent Club staff. From the moment we arrived until being handed cold water for the drive home, the staff could NOT have been more willing to serve. Room service, spa, and ambience were awesome.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are Gigantic, worth the $50 charge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed one night for business in March. This was my second stay at this property. Beautiful hotel with welcoming lobby and staff. Everyone was helpful, from the valet, to the bellman, to the front desk assistance. Room was beautiful, and breakfast in the restaurant is not to be missed. Outstanding!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Adrian_Norbury, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Crescent Court, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments! We will share your review with the team.

We look forward to having you back soon!

Tracy Fitz