“One of the dirtest rooms I've ever stayed in.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center)
Ranked #123 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Houston TX
“One of the dirtest rooms I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Traveled to Dallas with my husband for the Presidents Day weekend. We've had very nice experiences in the past with this hotel chain, and had stayed the previous weekend in San Antonio at the Country Inn and Suites. It was one of the nicest and cleanest hotels that we have stayed at in a long time. The staff in San Antonio was friendly and the room was exceptional. This was not the case in Dallas the Country Inn and Suites on Stemmons Trail. There was a lot of deferred maintenance that needed to be done in the building, the staff, with the exception of one employee at the front desk on Sunday morning, was not interested in helping us with the issues we had with our room, #112. When we first entered the room, it smelled, there was 'toothpaste spit' in one of the sinks along with several hairs. There was also hair in the bathtub, and the floor had not been wiped up since the Clinton administration. Obviously the room had not been cleaned adequately. When we complained to the one helpful front desk employee, he did what he could to solve the problems. He said he would ask that the room be cleaned again. The housekeeping staff did not get the memo or did not care. Wore shoes the entire stay and put a towel in the bottom of the tub when we showered. Disgraceful job of cleaning, terrible housekeeping..stay somewhere else.....like San Antonio!

Room Tip: Do not take a room by an entrance door or the elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
kori_nooner, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center), responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Silva980:

I sincerely apologize on behalf of our housekeeping team and while we take deep pride in ensuring cleanliness of our room and the rest of the facility, we may have somehow missed in your case. But I will ensure that we fine tune our operations so that issue like this does not occur again.

Sincere regards!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Ancaster
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We needed to find a hotel within an easy drive to the JFK School Book Depository Memorial museum in Dallas.
The hotel is the best and at an extremely reasonable rate .
A very clean, modern and large room with comfortable bed, flat screen TV, fridge and microwave . The complementary breakfast was the most complete we have ever encountered, including fresh fruit & yogurt , fresh ( not packaged) oatmeal and scrambled eggs & sausage .
Client laundry facilities on site and a well-furnished seating area in the interior courtyard ( for when the weather warms up) . Parking lot is gated .
We highly recommend this hotel without hesitation .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. David:

Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful response. We will continue to work hard to ensure we meet yours and other future guests' expectations and look forward to your next stay with us.
Sincere regards!!!
Alvarado, Texas
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was surprised out how nice this hotel was. The outside is a little misleading, but inside it is beautiful. We got a way bigger room than we expected. We were expecting so much less because of how cheap the room was. Breakfast was great and Patrick at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and courteous. Overall I was very pleased with my stay, and if you want bang for your buck this is a great place to go.

• Stayed February 2014
kori_nooner, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dallas-Love Field (Medical Center), responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I will surely share your feedback with Patrick and rest of my team. Feedback like yours motivates us to work even harder to provide exceptional service.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very beautiful hotel and you can't beat the price! The room was very clean and tidy with modern decor. Bed was super comfortable! I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Dallas. The staff was very helpful and friendly especially Patrick!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Txstinaf:

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I will surely share your feedback with Patrick and rest of my team. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Feedback like yours motivates us to work even harder to provide exceptional service and will strive to continue to do the same in future

Have a wonderful day!!!
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay, very quiet and exceptionally clean. The staff was so courteous and sincere about their guests. They offered any help needed or requests to let them know, they wanted me to enjoy my stay and welcome back. I was very, very impressed with this Hotel and the staff, I definitely plan to return my stay for me and my wife, I know she will like this. I actually went home and told her that I had found the perfect place for a getaway on some weekends. The court yard is an added plus and very well arranged and comfortable. My stay there was so peaceful and comfortable and that is rare to find such hotels as this one. I also really liked the fencing and security gates around the property, it gives you some peace of mind that you have some personal safety and protection of your vehicle. The staff was telling me of the upgrades that were in process, however, I don't see what else could be done to make it even better, it is absolutely a magnificent hotel as is, will be interesting to see what upgrades are done on my next visit, which will be very soon. I can't wait to take my wife for a relaxing weekend at your hotel. She is picky, but I "KNOW" she will love this place. I live sixty miles, one way, from the motel, but the drive is most definitely worth the drive to stay at such a wonderful motel with great staffing personnel. I personally think your motel is "Exceptional" and above so many out there. Your breakfast is very nice as well. The room and bed was very clean and no musty smell, like most hotels. If I were to add anything else to your hotel, I would considered serving sandwiches, subs, chips, drinks to your dining area. Of course this would be an added charge if serving lunch or dinner. I would rather stay at the motel and eat instead of going out. Just a thought for your upgrading process. Again, Thank You for your hospitality and concerns for my stay and I look forward visiting your hotel very soon. My personal opinion, your hotel is most definitely rated as a " 5 +++ ". I will tell my friends,family and outside visitors about your hotel, this is how much it has impressed me. I want to Thank "Amit Patel" and staff for their kindness during my stay. You will see me again !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Rusty:

It was a pleasure to host you at our hotel. Feedback from wonderful clients like you always encourages us to work even harder and continue to provide the best service we can.
We look forward to seeing you with your wife in near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Arranged booking from the Airport early morning. Pick-up arrived quickly and I was allowed early check-in and free breakfast. Motel has been refurbished and reception, breakfast and outdoor areas are excellent. Staff very helpful and great hot food selection at breakfast. Some nice little touches, printing and free internet area along with book loaning (return when next visit). Very comfy beds spacious rooms too, mostly with balconies overlooking the pool. Would gladly choose again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bookend48:

Thank you for an encouraging review and great feedback. I will share your feedback and we will work harder to ensure a 5-star review from you for your future stay. And we surely look forward to see you again soon.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very nice and exceptional for the dollar place to stay. A former Courtyard Marriott that has been completely upgraded. I liked it very much. Good location and great restaurants nearby. All the Pappas restaurants.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Steven:
From the entire team at the Country Inn & Suites, I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback and wanted to let you know that feedback like yours motivates to work even harder. We look forward to seeing you again.