“Very nice stay, Michael was very helpful”

Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice stay, Michael was very helpful”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went to visit my family again, and for value and location we stayed at the Courtyard. The construction on the street and the LBJ is heinous, but honestly, this is worth it.

The hotel is like every Courtyard anywhere. Same pictures in the room, same furniture, same bedding. The actual bed was so soft that the mattress curled up around me. I like a firm mattress, but I slept just fine.

Plenty of room to unpack and to have my things on the counter by the sink.

The TV channels are basic cable with all the news and ESPN. There is a one cup coffee maker in the room. Not a K-cup, so fyi on that.

Had a hassle with the bill upon leaving, but Micheal the Asst. GM was super-helpful in getting it cleared up.

This is a good hotel at a great price right exactly where I need it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It was okay but it is an older Courtyard, no Bistro. There is little as far as food choices around there. Had to order delivery. Can't remember the restaurant but the Gyro sandwich was horrible.
This property was okay for a night but I would probably elect to stay elsewhere next stay in Dallas. I only stayed here due to being close to the airport to fly out the next day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Not a bad location but the construction is definitely a downfall, which is too bad because it is not their fault. The building is ok, could be updated and the elevators are pretty slow. Staff was nice and attentive and right next to Quik Trip which is always a plus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked two nights here, on our first and last night in Texas. Had I known about the road construction on the LBJ, I would have probably selected another Courtyard location, because it was a mess getting in and out of the area. However, close proximity to a movie theater and Quik Trip is a bonus.
Check in/check out service was as great as always, room was clean and comfortable. First night we had a 2nd-floor room overlooking the outdoor pool courtyard, with a small balcony. Second night, we had a 1st-floor exterior room looking out on the parking lot, with some very loud old-people neighbors who started knocking on doors around 7 a.m. looking for their friends. Although the 2nd stay was $15 cheaper (weekend rate), I would have gladly paid $15 for a quieter room with a nicer view. Also, the ice machine was out-of-order and I had to wander around the other floors to find a working ice machine.
Pool was nice and warm, being outdoors in 90+ weather, was very disappointed that the jacuzzi spa was closed/out of order although this was never mentioned by the desk staff. My daughters like Courtyard BECAUSE of the spa, so it was disappointing that we couldn't have our traditional vacation soak.
Only other quibbles, Courtyard has removed all soda vending machines, requiring you to go to the front desk to purchase a heavily marked-up beverage from their on-site "market". Fortunately, Quik Trip is right next door to the motel, and they have 32 oz. fountain drinks for 69 cents. And as a long-time Marriott rewards member, I can never understand how I can book a room for 4, have a "extra towel" request on my reservation, and check in to find only 3 towels, necessitating a trip to the desk and a call to housekeeping to get enough towels for everyone to have a shower.
Yes, it's nice to have a letter from the desk manager when I arrive thanking me for my business, but with a broken spa, no affordable beverage options, a lack of towels in the room and poolside, and the construction hassles, I'm going to be more aware of my surroundings next time I book accommodations.

Room Tip: if you can get it, get a interior courtyard view on 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the pool. Ground fl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
richmond virginia
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here often. Very low rates but good service and friendly staff. OK breakfast. Nice sitting areas inside and out and nice pool area. Our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Fenix, plus a movie theater blocks away and a Brahms restaurant nearby. A good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank brobob1225
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stay here often, staff is friendly, breakfast is average, but the current construction in the area makes it a hassle to get around. I'd recommend staying somewhere else (avoid construction) for now until they get finished.
close to Cinemark hotel, could easily walk

Room Tip: ask for an inside room, not on the east side, there is a busy gas station there. ask for a interior...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thefamilythattravels
chicago, IL
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a weekend trip to Dallas. The hotel is just off the LBJ Freeway and close to DFW. Major construction on the LBJ makes it difficult to find the offramp, but I was able to get to the hotel very quickly. Check in was great. Both fast and friendly. The hotel is very quiet and clean. My room was also very quiet and clean. Not a fan of the sliding door with balcony, but I was able to sleep very comfortably. The room was very spacious. Check out was also great. Under the door folio always helps, but prefer to get an email copy. To my suprise, I did get an email copy, but not for several days. Overall, this is a great hotel. I felt very safe and comfortable. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo