“2.5 stars at best”

SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E
Ranked #109 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This is like an older hotel trying to look/feel new and higher-end. First impression was the main doors into the hotel had to be opened by the employee at the counter, which tells you about the neighborhood I guess. My room as just ok. The TV is old-school small CRT, no flat screen LCD or plasma. The door to the bathroom had obviously been kicked-in at some point, as the door frame was nailed back together and "hidden" with white caulking. The furniture and fixtures were nice, but the details tell you this was just a quick "renovation". Thankfully I was only there for 1 night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Mediocre rooms in need of updating. Terrible neighborhood. Housekeeping overall is poor. There are much better choices in DFW. Avoid this one.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Needed a room that would accomodate a broadrange age group of children. I was able to stay in aroom that had two queen size beds a pull out couch and a pack and play, with all of this room was still spacious and comfortable. The suite even had a seperate door to give some privacy to the older teen. The hotel was near the highway and only 14 miles from Grapevine Mall and only 5 minutes from lovefield. We slep well the first night, but in the morning we noticed some young lady had left her contraceptive behind, it looked to be a Mirena, yes you read right a MIRENA. I provided a picture so that you can judge for yourself. I spoke with the staff and the manager and we discussed "human error" conceding this, I forgave and the manager gave a free night stay. This is a good hotel with very professional staff, accomodating and value for the price. I am writing only so that future travelers will check their room more thorougly in the future to prevent any issues like mine. My only hope for the young lady whom the Mirena belonged to, isn't expecting, unexpectedly. (SMILE)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Having never stayed at a Springhill Suites, I was nervous about what I would walk in to. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service and room. The Staff greeted us kindly and got us checked in promptly. I had a few problems with my room key, but they were very nice and quick to apologize and resolve. The room was very clean. The breakfast in the morning was very good and there were plenty of options to choose from. In addition, the free hotel shuttle is great, they will take you just about anywhere (within a certain mileage) you need to go... restaurants, store etc. I've got no complaints about this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I stayed here nearly every M-F from October through the end of January. It was a great location for my client, so it was a very good fit.

Pro: The staff here is OUTSTANDING. From Donna Bolts (Sales Manager) to Anna who worked the breakfast area in the morning, the service was very, very good. The property was clean, the gym was good, and the buffet in the morning and snacks and soda in the evening were great.

Con: This is not a particularly nice area, but there are some convenient places nearby: food (lots of good mid-range/chain restaurants), movie theater, etc. If you go past the movie theater (on the left) you quickly start running into strip clubs, massage parlors and the like. Not good.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone doing business in the medical center area (harry hines). There is another Marriott Property (Courtyard) nearby, but the parking lot is divided by a large liquor store.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasMason1429
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Excellent service, appetizers, and cookies. Rooms were spacious.

The only criticism is the gym is a little small.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Heather E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about us through TripAdvisor. Sorry No one had responded previously.

It seems like you had a good overall stay with your detail description of our property. We pride ourselves in living up to the Marriott Brand and appreciate it when our guest notices.

Thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Dallas.

Heather Etheridge
Springhill Suites
hetheridge@chasehospitality.com

Reviewed September 23, 2009

While located adjacent to I-35W the room was quiet.
Plenty of living space, but the desk area could use better lighting.
Excellent continental breakfast with both hot and cold items.
In an area with easy access to major highways and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business