“clean, fresh overpriced”

Ranked #87 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Amarillo, texas
“clean, fresh overpriced”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

There is nothing wrong with this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. Service is competent but nothing extra. The location is very convenient, but the neighborhood is a little sketchy. Takes longer to get to Love Field than you think it will. However, I feel like this hotel is very overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Heather E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about us through TripAdvisor. Sorry No one had responded previously.

It seems like you had a good overall stay with your detail description of our property. We pride ourselves in living up to the Marriott Brand and appreciate it when our guest notices.

Thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Dallas.

hetheridge@chasehospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stillwater
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The staff was friendly and efficient. I particularly admired the way the person at the front desk handled a man that was trying to get a shuttle ride to the airport even though he had not been a guest. The man left and a couple staff people walked out with me when I went to my car to make sure he wasn't hanging around in the parking lot.

The carpet was a bit worn although it and the rest of the room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioner was fairly quiet. I liked the small computer table instead of a coffee table.

I thought the location might be either noisy or inconvenient but it was neither. I heard no traffic noise in my room and it turned out to be pretty easy to get to my diverse locations around the city. Marriott can be proud of this property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cyalexa
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E through TripAdvisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a VALUED CUSTOMER, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you for the wonderful comments.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel, for my needs for the visit, met and at times exceeded all of my expectations. The lobby is clean and newly-renovated, and staff are very professional and helpful. The rooms are wonderfully clean as well, save for a few hairs (merely from the head) I found on the blanket provided for the convenient sofa-bed. The beds are plenty comfortable, including the aforementioned sofa-bed. Other niceties included two nicely-sized TVs, one per section of the room, one in the “living room” and, of course, one for the “bedroom”, as well as an empty mini-fridge, which had I not forgotten my drinks in, was something I likely would have greatly appreciated. As for the bathroom, I did think the sink being located outside of the bath/toilet room was a courteous touch; additionally, the shower worked well and heated up nicely. One small qualm was that, as far as my diligent eyes could tell, there was nary an A/C vent in the “living room” section, but this wasn’t too much of a problem during my stay as the weather was, oddly, cooperating with me.

The free breakfast buffet items looked to be well-cooked and fresh, and the looks on others’ faces confirmed this (I myself only had the oatmeal, which, though not steel-cut, was satisfying and not the least bit underdone); one area I was disappointed with was the tea selection, which only offered two kinds of black tea (not the best quality teas in their price range, either), I would have loved to at least have a green tea of some sort, and the addition of stevia as a sweetener option.

Overall, this hotel thoroughly met my needs (a warm bed to rest my eyes upon for a few hours before a Latin convention, a nice shower, friendly staff, overall cleanliness, and an adequate breakfast) and exceeded my expectations for one booked via my school.

If you need a nice, place to stay in Dallas for a few nights and have good value in mind, this is a great option!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The suite was very clean and quiet, the bed was very comfortable, however, the living room is really small and the furniture (such as it was) was very uncomfortable. The sofa is small, worn out and needs to be replaced. The coffee table consisted of a small computer table. We stayed here a few years back with a really good experience so we didn't hesitate to book this time. Unfortunately, we were disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Red Rock, Arizona
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights for a work deployment. Spent very little time at the hotel, but it was a nice Springhill.

The area directly around the hotel seemed a little seedy. But go one more block, and there is a host of restaurants including four of the Papa's chains including Mexican, seafood, steak and BBQ.

Easy on and off to the highway and easy to find from any direction.

I cannot rate it a five as it is an older Springhill and though remodeled is still a bit dated. Rooms were clean and up to the Marriott standards.

Would stay here agin for work if needed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Heather E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas NW Highway at Stemmons/I-35E, responded to this review, July 20, 2015
Dear Valued Traveler,

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a Valued Guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this Spring Hill Suite after flying in to Dallas Love Field. It was conveniently located to the airport, We called for the shuttle & were picked up promptly. The only surprise was that had we arrived later, the shutlle only runs until 10 PM. Luckily we arrived & had our baggage by 9:30 PM. The shuttle driver was wonderful and made us feel right at home immediately.

Upon getting to the hotel we were greeted warmly & we quickly checked in. The room was wonderful as well. A nice suite style room with a sitting area, computer desk & tv with a door that could be closed off for privacy from the bedroom area. The bed was very comfortable, which coming out of my mouth is a good thing as I often have a hard time adjusting to a different bed when away from home.

Breakfast was pretty typical hotel breakfast, BUT there were many, many options, including fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, hot foods, coffee, juices etc. A great selection that it would be hard for someone not to find something they could eat unless of course you expect restaurant food at a hotel.

We had a leisurely day planned, so we checked out late & the desk clerk scheduled someone to take us to the DART rail so we could make our way on our journey to downtown Dallas. This trip we decided to use public transportation, so it was nice of them to take us to the rail station which was not far from the hotel.

I give this hotel a high rating. It is nothing posh or plush, but very clean, friendly, customer oriented and all in all, a very good hotel. If you are looking for an upscale hotel, this is not your choice BUT it is a great hotel in the Marriott chain of hotels. We have stayed at other Spring Hill Suites in the past & this one is an older Spring Hill Suite. I would highly recommend it for consideration if you need a hotel close to the airport and do not require the newest style of this brand of hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Flew into Love Field for a quick deal, and the weather got bad and our pilot didn't want to fly out into the weather approaching. We ended up at this place and found it to be much nicer than expected. I had never stayed at a Springhill property and I am happy to say I would again.

They had a shuttle that drove us a couple of miles to a place for dinner and then the next morning back to our plane at Love Field. Breakfast was good, everyone was nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business