“Very good”

Ranked #35 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Perth, Australia
“Very good”

Stayed: December 2012.
2 double beds (interesting configuration, beds were at opposite ends of the room).

Pros:
- Shampoo, conditioner & moisturiser provided.
- Plenty of power plug locations.

Cons:
- No in room safe.
- Sink is separate from shower & toilet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
meandmyreviews-Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Went to check in to my reserved suite i reserved for 2 nights and i was unable to get my room because i was not quite 21. Note i turn 21 less than a week was very upset an not pleased therefore i think that was wrong.

• Stayed May 2014
staci93-I apologize for the inconvenience. Congratulations on your turning 21.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel was nice. We had a 2 queen bedroom. The layout was unique in that the room was rectangular so the beds were on either end of the room, feet facing each other. The TV, dresser and desk were in the middle, plenty of lamps throughout the room. A little refrigerator worked very nicely for keeping our bottled waters cold. The bathroom was cute as well. I liked that there was a door separating the toilet and shower from the sink so someone could be taking a shower and someone else can use the vanity at the same time.
The shower was cute and the shower head was handheld, which I absolutely loved. It had a nifty water saving button on the side that you could engage to turn water off when you weren't using it - handy if you are shaving or just washing your hair.
Our room was at the end of the hotel. As it was downtown, there was a lot of traffic noise, especially with delivery trucks rushing by. I was so tired I did not hear most of it, but I imagine it might disturb a light sleeper.
The breakfast was decent if a little pricey. Our room had two complimentary breakfasts, which was nice. The waitress was nice and the shuttle bus driver was nice and friendly as well. We didn't get to use the shuttle, but it will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of hotel.
We stayed here to attend an event at Gilley's so it was very convenient.
We usually don't stay at hotels in this price range, but it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was at one end of the hotel. As it was downtown, there was a lot of traffic noise, especial...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
krv448-Thank you for taking the time to review us.
Toronto, ON
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've spent enough nights in "old" hotels to know what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised by how clean, well-appointed and plain old charming this place was. The space I had was well-sized: a small sitting room with couch, desk, TV & window; a bedroom with queen-sized bed, another TV & window; a bathroom with a sink & closet; and the toilet & stand-up shower behind another door. A little more interesting than the typical rectangular setup of modern hotels. Room & common areas were clean. There's a small gym which I didn't make use of, and a number of computer kiosks which I did. USA Today was delivered each morning. Nice touch although I didn't read 'em. I did notice the smell in the lobby mentioned by other posters below. I suppose I'm used to unexplained smells in old hotels so I didn't find it a big deal, my assumption was that it might be a kitchen exhaust thing. But something they should probably take care of either way.

GIven you're in downtown Dallas, the area is pretty good. There's a seemingly new, landscaped park directly opposite the hotel, a 7-11 a block away, and a number of restaurants to the west. Not sure how late most of those were open, I got the sense that downtown can be a quiet place after hours. All light rail lines stop a couple of blocks to the north, which I used constantly.

The desk staff & doormen were great. Housekeeping good too except for a particularly tenacious one who came knocking at 9am my first day and would not give up! She eventually gave up and I went back to sleep.

The main thing I would have improved on is the price. Knock it down by $10-15 a night and we've hit the sweet spot. Should I ever have need to return to Dallas, this place'll be my first stop.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike W
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Mike_8530-Thank you for the review. We appreciate it.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I travel every week and stay in a lot of IHG hotels. This is the first time I am giving an Indigo anything less than 4 stars. I checked into a 2 queen bed room (1404) to find that there is no desk in the room! This is a hotel in an area with a lot of office buildings so I assume a lot of the guests are traveling for work. I travel every week and this is the first time I have ever checked into a hotel and not had a desk in the room. I only stayed for two night so I didn't bother changing rooms.

Other issues: Housekeeping also needs some work. One of the beds had black hairs on the sheets (top of blanket and on the sheets. Toilet paper was not refreshed. Secondly, this hotel is quite loud. Noise goes through doors (I could hear my neighbor turning over in his bed), the A/C sounds like car engine starting up, and the doors have be slammed to close them.

Positives: The staff are very nice and helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant was decent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MPS_PHL-I apologize for the inconvenience of not having a desk in your room. They desk was pulled for repair and room should not have been rented. Your comments will be shared with all management staff. I would like you to contact me directly via email if possible. mike.owen@smi-hotelgroup.com. Thank you.
Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Loved this hotel. room was very very nice - clean and light, good bed too- microwave and fridge in room - good amanitas. would stay here again..........................................................

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
ShaneF-Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. It's by far the most convienent to my work location, so I stay loyal. It's not bad. Clean and comfortable, good beds, and good service generally. The perks for being "platinum" are nice - free breakfast, free drink from the bar, upgrade to suite when available. I've also generally been able to get a fridge and microwave when I asked. But it has some issues. Previously I've had the biggest problems with the computers and printers when I needed to print my presentation at night. My room this time is very cramped with two double beds. There's barely room for the desk. The lighting, as always, is awfully dim for working, and this time I asked for an extra desk lamp. That helps. I'm glad I don't want to watch TV though, because the TV is small, wall mounted, and the wall it's mounted on would make it almost impossible to watch from the beds. The only place to watch it from is the desk chair. Both the cramped desk and the TV situation are a result of trying to cram two beds in a room better designed for one. They could have put the TV on a swing bracket - that would have helped. I've also had issues with the impossiblty of adjusting the thermostat. It's not miserable, but you can't seem to adjust it above 70, which feels to me more like 68 - cooler than I'd like. I've been told that's the design and they can't change it.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms, and ask for a fridge and micro if you want it. This is a rehab of...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ReaC-Thank you for taking time to review. I will share your comments with ownership. If you are coming in the future, feel free to contact me directly ahead of time. I would like to make sure you get in a room that fits your needs. We appreciate you as a guest. Mike Owen-GM