“Fantastic staff”

Ranked #48 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, TX
“Fantastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I arrived at the Hotel Indigo after a long drive and a rough day. There was a problem with my credit card and Chris at the front desk could not have been nicer. I put him on the phone to my husband and went to the bar for a drink. Patrick the bartender was fast, friendly and interesting. Chris came over to get my credit card and checked me in and brought me back my keys. I went up to my room and found my things waiting for me. My room was small but very clean and pleasant, with a view of the Main St Park.
I just loved it. Every morning the staff was cheerful and helpful and when I got back to the hotel I was greeted by name with more smiles. All around a great experience - I think this will be my new hotel in Dallas. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Chach63-Thank you for the kind words. They have been shared with staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Pell City, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel to stay in during my three day stay in Dallas. The staff from the valet to the desk clerk to the dining staff were wonderful. The stand outs were the valets, Franklin, Eric & Brian. These three gentlemen answered every question about everything Dallas had to offer. Franklin spoke with me before my group arrived in Dallas to suggest the best options to and from the airport. Then he went all out to arrange our taxi service for departure. The only negative about the hotel was the odd odor. Once you stay a little while you get used to it, but this is the only issue I had.

Room Tip: I love the spaciousness of the rooms. I stayed across from the elevator, and I had no complaints wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
CoryO-Thank you for the kind words. I will share with the personnel mentioned. Please contact me at your convenience to tell me what you room was or where you smelled an odor. Have a great weekend. Mike Owen-GM
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

As a business traveler, I had booked this hotel out of my normal radius of Dallas. I was looking forward to a boutique experience, however, found Hotel Indigo to be a place I wish I could have checked out of sooner. I booked via priceline and the rate was great @ $119.

I just found the service from valet, front desk, general staff and room service to be sub-par. While friendly, most would rather sit around a chat amongst themselves then get you going. Most frustrating was the not busy valet who given 10 minutes never had the car on time.

The room decor, set-up, etc was not relaxing or comfortable. I found the rooms and hallways to be noisy. It was cheaply done and poorly laid out.

While it had microwaves/fridges, there was no bar, vending machines were every other floor with the smallest bottle of water for $1.25. The room service was timely,however, the food was just blah.

I have a higher expectation of efficiency, consistency and service. And this is a hotel that should be rated a less than 3 star.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Mezmerized-I thank you for taking the time to write. It is not the kind of comments I like to see and I apologize for what you experienced. I always urge anyone staying to contact the Manager on Duty for any reason if their expectations are not being met. I do not have your name or contact info, but would like to speak with you personally if possible. Mike Owen-GM
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Immediately, you can tell the hotel is old as the hallway doors are paneled, the base trim is 4" high, there's crown moulding in the rooms, and a marble threshold as you enter the bathroom. Then I learned that this is the 1st Hilton ever built, originally named Conrad Hilton, before Connie dropped his first name from the branding in the 40's. With the cheery yellows and soft blues, one has a very beachy feel. Whoever painted the place, though, did a sloppy job, as the wall color spills over to the chair rail in the hallway. It's like they remodeled on the cheap, with Pergot flooring in the room and 4" tiles in the shower. The wood is nicked, and then painted, several times it seems, but what else do you get with age? At least it's real wood, and not composite. The nicks beckon me to wonder, "Who's been housed here?" The bed is inviting, and I smiled when entering the room, seeing a tray holding an ice bucket and glasses, upon it. There's a charming character to this old hotel. In the end I walk away thinking it's a sweet place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ErinH-Thank you for taking time to write. I will share your comments with ownership and our maintenance department. I apologize where we fell short in your eyes, but am glad you left with a positive feeling. Have a great weekend.
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Maybe it was just the time we visited (mid-April), but this hotel seemed almost strangely quiet for a downtown one, almost like someone picked it up and put it down in the wrong place. It feels much smaller and cosier inside than it looks outside.

It's a nice peaceful hotel, largely because of the ocean theme - the hotel and the rooms are decorated like a beach house, yellow and white stripes and lots of other wavy blue/shell-based detailing. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are decent sized. We had a non-view room that looked out at a brick wall, but that's to be expected in Downtown Dallas. The only minor criticism I have is that the TV was a bit small.

The restaurant in the lobby is nice for breakfast, we didn't eat anything else there - staff are very friendly and the service is quick. In general, all the staff were very friendly actually. There's no hotel self-parking, but there's a garage directly acorss the road for $12 a day (no in & out privaleges though), and others nearby for cheaper.

The hotel isn't exactly close to the local attractions, but it's a nice safe 15 minute walk from Dealey Plaza (JFK museum and monument), and the surrounding historic district. There's plenty of nearby bars, restaurants and parks too.

It didn't feel too special, but it was a nice, relaxing, friendly place to spend a couple of nights passing through Dallas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DaveC64-Thank you for the comments and taking time to write. I will share with staff.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I pulled up to valet my car I knew I had reserved the right hotel. The check in experience was fast and eady. the staff was very friendly, and my room was fantastic (most importantly spotless)! I had dinner in the lobby restaurant on my first night and I enjoyed my meal… The chicken jerk sliders are delicious! The hotel is right next to a very trendy area in downtown Dallas, within walking distance of several great restaurants, bars, and posh night clubs.
There is also a gym on the second floor which met my basic travel workout needs.
It's been several years since I've been to downtown Dallas and I'm surprised how up-and-coming this neighborhood is… It is super trendy in a good way!
There is also a CVS a few blocks away for incidentals and snacks.

• Stayed April 2013
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
PatrickC-I will share your comments about the Jerk Chicken Sliders with the kitchen staff. Thank you for your time.
Colchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night and loved it. It was cheaper than other hotels in the area and was more like a boutique hotel but it had a good amount of character inside. It was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. If I was going back I'd stay here and I'd also have no trouble recommending it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo