“On par with most Indigos...”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #36 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Orlando, Florida
“On par with most Indigos...”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not nor have ever been a fan of Hotel Indigo. Check-in was uneventful although the agents clearly did not like early check-ins. Elevators were tiny and the floors had the nice wood flooring but helped to carry the smoke smell from people smoking in their rooms on seemingly every floor. The rooms themselves were the usual giant gaudy wall image of the blue something-or-other and the whole thing reminded me of an IKEA showroom. There should be a sign outside the door that says "Come inside and see our hotel room in 300 sq. ft." For two weeks, it was miserable, especially in a city like Dallas where "everything is BIGGER" On top of all that, random charges showed up on my bill that took a fight to get rid of. Intercontinantal does not offer anything for Priority Club on discounted rates so the chain has become pointless to me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
JefferyChandler-I do apologize for your feelings about our brand. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally if that would be possible. Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Granger, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took a brief vacation to Dallas and stayed at the Hotel Indigo downtown. The staff was excellent, especially the guys out front and valet staff. They also offer a free shuttle service within about 3 miles of the hotel that can get you to a bunch of popular locations - the Perot, the Dallas Museum of Art, the Book Repository Museum, the Aquarium, Conference Center, etc, etc. You are also within walking distance of plenty of places to eat.

Hotel room was clean and bright. It felt kind of small with two queen sized beds, a couch and a desk in it, but with one king it would have been just right. Maybe if we travel without the little one next time. My back didn't love the beds, not sure why as they seemed very nice. Maybe too soft? Linens were nice. Bathroom was tiny, just enough room to get in the shower/toilet area and close the door. No tub. Soaps were all Aveda. The room had a large flat screen TV, microwave, coffeemaker and fridge.

Only had breakfast at the hotel and it was fine. Nothing to blow your mind, but not bad at all. And the prices were good for hotel fare. Again, the staff was excellent. Enjoyed a very stiff mixed drink one evening.

We did wish there was a pool, but alas, no. In Texas in the summer, that can be a deal breaker.

My only other "gripe" would be the light intrusion from the hall. I know, it's silly but i was tying to get an 19 month old to sleep and lots of light entered the room though the crack in the door. I swear it's why she was so restless at night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jburatti
jburatti-Thank you for the comments. I would like to know the room you were in, so I can check the light issue.
Wales
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights during our 3 month backpacking tour across the US when we were unable to find any centrally located hostels and fancied splashing out for a bit of luxury. Very well located in the heart of downtown, there are a number of great restaurants and bars all within walking distance. The reception staff were extremely helpful and efficient which was much appreciated after a 7 hour bus journey. Our room was spotlessly clean (a little smaller than the average hotel room but beautifully decorated and it's size serves it's purpose) with possibly the comfiest beds i have ever had in a hotel- it was very difficult dragging ourselves out of those each morning! Also worth noting the room had a bit of character to it rather than the usual blank minimalistic style you often see in hotels; i really loved the mural on the wall. Wifi was no hassle and included in the room price - always a bonus.

Throughout our stay we were overwhelmed by the sheer friendliness of the staff; we were greeted by every member we encountered and each was eager to offer their assistance if we needed anything at all to improve our stay. Their room service facilities were also very efficient and the food delicious, offering a nice assortment of dishes you dont find on the usual hotel room menu.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and for the price, you certainly can't go far wrong.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
summerholiday-I will share your kind comments with the staff. Thank you.
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Daughter and I stayed one night for an event at the Majestic Theater. Hotel entrance is actually on Harwood St. Our rate included parking so we took advantage of it. Our room was at the end of a hallway so it was situated more long than squared. The 2 beds were on opposite ends of the room,the large tv is easily watched from either but would really need to be turned toward one. The batroom is small but serves its purpose. Wood floors are a nice touch from carpet. All in all our stay was very pleasant and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
cal2net-We are glad you enjoyed your time with us.
Midlothian, TX
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here while attending a convention in Dallas....service was attentive, hotel was clean. Rooms felt smaller than other hotels but I was hardly ever there. Boutique feel and great location and access to highway. It's not as grand as other hotels but we had a great price which made up for it. The only negative is that the food in the restaurant/bar is just average and I would recommend eating elsewhere, but the bar service was always good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cdtatum-Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Placed reservation with Hotels.com and had reservation within minutes. Reservation was for my grandson delayed in Dallas due to cancellation of bus services due to weather. An additional credit card number was needed for incidentals, but they absolutely refused to take this information over the phone! Very poor service even though my grandson did not stay there. Very unsatisfactory considering the circumstances.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
DorisK-I apologize for the inconvience. The policy regarding of handling credit card information is in place for the protection of our guests.
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I wound up at the Indigo when all of the hotels closer to the function that I was attending turned out to be full and it was a pleasant surprise. I was not familiar with this part of the Intercon Holiday in system and I am a big fan of the Aloft Hotels for which Indigo seems to be a class competitor.
Retrofitting "design" on a classic hotel can be difficult and there were a few rough spots here. Nothing objectionable though.
Staff was friendly. The location close to interesting restaurants. The shuttle service was great.
I did think the breakfast was so so and not a great value. Somehow getting my morning coffee in a restaurant in a styrofoam cup is a bit off putting.
Another off putting factor was the price escalation the longer I stayed... booked through Hotels.com the first night was a reasonable $130 which escalated to $206 by the third night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dennisu-Thank you for taking time to write. We appreciate it.