New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #52 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Abilene, Texas
“Lovely downtown hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Daughter and I stayed one night for an event at the Majestic Theater. Hotel entrance is actually on Harwood St. Our rate included parking so we took advantage of it. Our room was at the end of a hallway so it was situated more long than squared. The 2 beds were on opposite ends of the room,the large tv is easily watched from either but would really need to be turned toward one. The batroom is small but serves its purpose. Wood floors are a nice touch from carpet. All in all our stay was very pleasant and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
cal2net-We are glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Midlothian, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here while attending a convention in Dallas....service was attentive, hotel was clean. Rooms felt smaller than other hotels but I was hardly ever there. Boutique feel and great location and access to highway. It's not as grand as other hotels but we had a great price which made up for it. The only negative is that the food in the restaurant/bar is just average and I would recommend eating elsewhere, but the bar service was always good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cdtatum-Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Jackson, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Placed reservation with Hotels.com and had reservation within minutes. Reservation was for my grandson delayed in Dallas due to cancellation of bus services due to weather. An additional credit card number was needed for incidentals, but they absolutely refused to take this information over the phone! Very poor service even though my grandson did not stay there. Very unsatisfactory considering the circumstances.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
DorisK-I apologize for the inconvience. The policy regarding of handling credit card information is in place for the protection of our guests.
Stonington, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I wound up at the Indigo when all of the hotels closer to the function that I was attending turned out to be full and it was a pleasant surprise. I was not familiar with this part of the Intercon Holiday in system and I am a big fan of the Aloft Hotels for which Indigo seems to be a class competitor.
Retrofitting "design" on a classic hotel can be difficult and there were a few rough spots here. Nothing objectionable though.
Staff was friendly. The location close to interesting restaurants. The shuttle service was great.
I did think the breakfast was so so and not a great value. Somehow getting my morning coffee in a restaurant in a styrofoam cup is a bit off putting.
Another off putting factor was the price escalation the longer I stayed... booked through Hotels.com the first night was a reasonable $130 which escalated to $206 by the third night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dennisu-Thank you for taking time to write. We appreciate it.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I checked in to find my room was no bigger than a closet, ironically with no drawers to store my clothes. Couldn't get any work done from my room due to the awful internet speed and constantly dropped connection. Front desk couldn't locate my package (that they had signed for and logged into their binder) for over an hour after I went to claim it. The lobby "bar" was closed every night when I got back from work.

The bed was pretty comfortable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nomad651-I certainly want to apologize for the issue you encountered. I recommend for you to speak with the Manager on Duty if you are staying and having problems. I would like for you to contact me directly if possible. Mike Owen-GM
Buda, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for a Keller Williams convention and the staff was awesome. I had a King room suite. Must say it is a small suite but the hotel was built in 1928. It was clean and great location. I would stay here again. The fitness area was great and had everything that I needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
pjkaye55-Thank you. You group was great to host. Have a good day.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in a suite for two weeks during a work trip. The customer service was excellent. Especially, the shuttle drivers; they are amazing. The free shuttle service took me to the American Airlines Center. The room service is a little pricey but good for dallas. My main complaint about this hotel is the wifi. It is terrible, so slow that you cannot stream a video. The location is also borderline creepy. During the day, the location is fine, but at night it is a little too dark and lonely for me to feel safe. It is located on Main Street, so it is not that bad. I moved to the magnolia and the sheraton for the rest of my stay, because the amenities are better and so is the location. Another plus is the skyway access and the gym is small but usable.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Karmiin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased you found our customer service to be excellent. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the internet connection. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.