“Clean, comfortable, friendly”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #35 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff at Indigo Downtown. The shuttle service (drivers Darron and Franklin were especially helpful) that the hotel provides to go up town and to places of interest was a godsend given the long distances between city blocks! The room was also very comfortable and clean, my only problem being with the air conditioner which worked perfectly, but noisily, when it kicked in. I would also have liked a note on the in-room menu to warn of the extra tax plus "tip" which added considerable to the bill for a meal. In summary, I'd certainly stay there again, and would also recommend it to others. Patricia Rego

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor so heard no/little street noise. Ask for a room with a quiet air conditioner...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia_Taringa
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Patricia_Taringa-Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to your return. Have a great week.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Was looking for a hotel in downtown Dallas, near Baylor, and this hotel looked like an interesting option. The room decor had a very beachy feel in yellow, blue and white colors on the furniture, walls and bedding. There was a separate living room area with two couches and a large work desk, a separate bedroom and a bathroom - the bathroom had a separate vanity area and shower/toilet room, which I liked - I hate having to practically straddle the toilet to get at the bathroom counter or tub faucet in some smaller bathrooms. The room was very comfortable, although somewhat dark since the windows faced the interior of the middle of the buliding and didn't let in much light, but since I'm only in a hotel room in the evening, guess daylight doesn't much matter. The lobby is spacious and bright. They offer valet parking, as well as a shuttle that travels within a 3-mile radius of the hotel - it was great for getting back and forth to Baylor University Medical Center. Would definitely stay here again if visiting the downtown Dallas area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

ATSgrl-Thank you for taking the time to write the review. If we can ever assist in the future, please let us know.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had to take my father-in-law to Baylor Medical Center. This hotel was less than a mile and half away, so the location was perfect. This is a quirky little diamond in the rough. It is very clean, but what really maked this place is its staff. What a dedicated caring goup of employees they have. They were all so helpful and friendly, truly the best of Dallas!!! Their manager or HR person did an outstanding job. From the front desk to valet it was top notch service. I will stay here any time I need a room in Dallas. My one and only complaint was we never could get the room cool enough, but we never complained so I can't hold that against them as we didn't give them a chance to fix it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

TinTexas-Thank you for the review. Our guests thats stay with us going to Baylor Medical are special. I am happy that we could make your stay pleasant. If something is not working, please let us know. Have a good day.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The rooms may be a bit smaller but the use of space is amazing without feeling cramped. The decor is both "homey" and at the same time Avant-guard! VERY comfy bed, extremely clean throughout and a fun, knowledgeable, professional staff. Nice breakfast available. 2 blocks away good Italian & Vietnammise restaurants + Tea Room and fun bar all in the same block.

Cons: It is faster, but pricey, to get a taxi to Indigo, but worth it compared to the time other public transportation takes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

lakeludollie-Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stay here instead of the big names - for smaller rooms and a bit off the track you will find a great price, friendly staff, excellent affiliated fitness center, and decent, fair priced food in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

BryanGunnoe-Thank you for the review. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

First, I love Hotel Indigos! They are funky, consistent, and affordable. My boyfriend wanted to see the history in Dallas. This is a great downtown location in walking distance of all the sites related to JFK.

I was not aware that the hotel had a shuttle to go on trips within 3 miles of the hotel. I was disappointed to find out one day before heading home. I spoke to the travel manager (Michael Denson). He was very accommodating and understanding. I do take responsibility in not looking at the hotel website closely (in my defense- Hotel Indigos are always nice, so I didn't see a need).

I recommend this location. The hotel restaurant is a good place to grab breakfast before heading out to see the sites. There are all kinds of restaurants and bars close by.

My only reason for 4/5 stars is the initial miscommunication in the hotel amenities.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators--they were particularly busy and loud.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

TinyAmy318-Thank you for the kind review. Have a good week.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I checked into the Hotel Indigo today and this hotel has the best customer service! My check in was fast and the door guy helped me with my luggage. My room is clean, bright and beautiful. I had dinner in their restaurant so that I could work and eat. The internet was fast and I was able to stay connected for a couple of hours without being booted off as in other hotels. The staff was very attentive, my steak and mushroom panini was delicious! I asked for a substitution on my side and they said No Problem! Can you believe it? A change was no problem. I highly recommend this little gem of a hotel in Downtown Dallas! I was treated like a queen!

Room Tip: I don't think they have a pool or spa. But they have a great cardio workout room on the second f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rebecca W
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Rebecca W-Thank you for the kind words. I will share with staff.