“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Tampa, Florida
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

First, I love Hotel Indigos! They are funky, consistent, and affordable. My boyfriend wanted to see the history in Dallas. This is a great downtown location in walking distance of all the sites related to JFK.

I was not aware that the hotel had a shuttle to go on trips within 3 miles of the hotel. I was disappointed to find out one day before heading home. I spoke to the travel manager (Michael Denson). He was very accommodating and understanding. I do take responsibility in not looking at the hotel website closely (in my defense- Hotel Indigos are always nice, so I didn't see a need).

I recommend this location. The hotel restaurant is a good place to grab breakfast before heading out to see the sites. There are all kinds of restaurants and bars close by.

My only reason for 4/5 stars is the initial miscommunication in the hotel amenities.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators--they were particularly busy and loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
TinyAmy318-Thank you for the kind review. Have a good week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I checked into the Hotel Indigo today and this hotel has the best customer service! My check in was fast and the door guy helped me with my luggage. My room is clean, bright and beautiful. I had dinner in their restaurant so that I could work and eat. The internet was fast and I was able to stay connected for a couple of hours without being booted off as in other hotels. The staff was very attentive, my steak and mushroom panini was delicious! I asked for a substitution on my side and they said No Problem! Can you believe it? A change was no problem. I highly recommend this little gem of a hotel in Downtown Dallas! I was treated like a queen!

Room Tip: I don't think they have a pool or spa. But they have a great cardio workout room on the second f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rebecca W
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Rebecca W-Thank you for the kind words. I will share with staff.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Maybe I expected for more...I thought that th Indigo brand is more like a bootique hotel of intercontinental hotels group. It seems it is just the same. No special attention and no difference from a standard hotel. Breakfast is very good though and recommended. The bar closes really early (befor 10pm). The location is good and the best thing in the hotel is the shuttle service they offer their guest within downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
The_Chevalier, Thank you for the review. I would like you to contact me directly the next time you are coming to Dallas, so I can set up something special for your trip. Mike Owen-GM
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with a Contiki group. This was the best hotel we stayed in for the whole trip. It seemed to be new or recently refurbished. Everything is bright and fresh. The reception area is welcoming and very friendly. It is located in downtown Dallas and made getting to all the attractions easy. There is a very nice bar located on the ground floor and the staff are very friendly.

Our room was massive we had our own living room and a large double bedroom attached. There were two TV’s. Our room was very trendy with blueberries as a feature wall behind the bed. The bathroom was clean and large enough for two of us to buzz around and not bump each other. The bed was so comfortable and we had more pillows than we knew what to do with. The Wi-Fi worked through out the hotel. We loved the Indigo and can’t sing its praises enough we will recommend this to everyone that asks us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Kiwis_can_fly_13-Thank you for the kind words. We enjoy the Contiki group each time they are staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a 5 day business trip. Loved the hotel and particularly the people who worked there. Excellent customer service. Convenient downtown location. Nice breakfasts. Nothing fancy but totally comfortable and pleasant. Colorful guest rooms. Great shuttle service downtown. WOULD book here again in a heartbeat for a personal or a business trip.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
DinaB122-Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again.
Addison, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

As always, I was drawn to this property based on previous stays at other Hotel Indigo locations. It was in the perfect location downtown for my business meeting and close to the night spots I like. The hotel is beautiful and impressive and of course has that unique flavor like all the Indigos. My king suite was layed out nicely with beautiful colors and furnishings but . . . It was not clean. So disappointed by that! The bedding was certainly clean but the sofa, the tables, chairs, bathroom all needed a good cleaning. really took away from what could have been a great stay! I hope mgmt sees this because I probably will give the location another shot very soon.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
NikOfTimeTravel-Thank or for taking the time to comment. I apologize the room did not meet your standards. Please feel free to contact the front desk while you are in our hotel if anything is not right and the future and we will correct it.