“Another successful adventure with a little help from the staff”

Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown
Ranked #40 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Another successful adventure with a little help from the staff”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

There are lots of plusses and minuses about this hotel, but despite the thin walls (and hotel is sometimes thinly staffed) I'm sure I will be back again. This is my second stay, both trips included being shuttled by hotel van to nearby music venues and this service was timely friendly and efficient. You are on your own after 10pm as the bar restaurant and shuttle stop at this time. The size of the rooms vary a LOT, it might be wise to inquire about this as our room this time was way smaller than last time. I like the atmosphere; not a snob joint like so many downtown hotels. I found the bar and menu surprisingly reasonable for Dallas. There was a greeter when we came back from a club about midnight inquiring about our evening and getting back to the hotel without them. Cute.

Room Tip: Ask about the room size when booking and maybe even the view because rooms vary significantly in siz...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
punkieontheroad-Thank you for taking time to leave comments. We look forward to your return. Let us know if there is anything we can do in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Dear Fellow Travelor,

This week I had to visit Dallas on business, Before moving to Europe 11 years ago I lived in Dallas for 25 years. When I went to book my hotel all my old favorites were full. My wife suggested The Indigo in Downtown. I had never heard of The Indigo and 11 years ago I would never venture out into downtown Dallas after dark especially. Things have changed.

First of all downtown Dallas is totally changed strongly for the better--especially Main St where The Indigo is located. There are many fine dinning establishments and stores within easy walking distance of The Indigo. For those skeptics there are plenty of officiers on duty, but I don't see the need. NOT ONCE did I feel uncomfortable at any hour.

Meanwhile The Indigo is an undiscovered gem. It is well located to everything, the decor is deco, with well appointed rooms especially the suites, the windows double paned so no outside noise, the staff extremely professional & personable (an unusual combo for a hotel of this quality), the front desk very accomodating, the rates very reasonable, and the maid service exceptional. WHAT A POSITIVE SURPRISE!!!

Try it, you will love it!

dba

Room Tip: The suites are worth the difference.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
David A-Thank you for the kind words.
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you look the hotel from the outside, probably you wouldn't want to stay there; inside, there's another story. It's very cozy and warm and the staff is beyond helpful and nice. Rooms are small, but very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura D
lady27-Thank you. Have a great week.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our recent trip to Dallas included a stay at the Hotel Indigo. Located in downtown Dallas, it is convenient to many fine restaurants, bus and rail lines and within easy walking distance of many sites. The room was clean and spacious (we had a king suite, corner room) and offered all the comforts of home. Breakfast is included and I must say that my first breakfast was a little lacking. The plate was hotter than the meal itself, but there was definite improvement by the next day. The staff was friendly and courteous. We will consider this hotel for future stays in Dallas.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a king suite. As for a corner room which will provide for additional na...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JVLD
JVLD-Thank you for the review. I appreciate you taking the time. Any issues during your stay, please bring to attention of the manager, so we can get it right for you.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had poor service from the time I checked in. Front desk staff were confusing about parking. Internet service was slow and they were rude when I complained. At 10 p.m. they sent a lady to check in my room by mistake! She kept trying to get in so I answered the door and she showed me the card where they had given her my room number. My room was never cleaned. They told me I had to request it. I understand that some places don't change the linens out unless you request it but they didn't even come in my room to empty trash or anything. If it is there policy that you request to have your room cleaned they should tell you at check-in. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nmwlsw
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
nmwlsw-Sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered. If at any time during a stay you feel you are not getting the proper service, please ask to speak with the Guest Service or General Manager. I will share your comments with staff.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was nice but I found the room to be a little small. However, the beds were very nice & the room was well decorated. I forgot to pack toothpaste & was able to get a replacement free of charge at the front desk. There were only a few things I didn't like about my stay. First of all, I found the towels to be a little rough & scratchy. Not really soft. Secondly there was a tray with plates, old food & silverware that set next to the elevator our entire one day stay. There was not an ice machine on our floor so I had to go down a floor only to find it was broke. I just went up to the 13th floor & that ice maker worked. As for the food, I thought it was good for a hotel. The only things I didn't like about the restaurant was the plates (found them huge & heavy for my liking) and the potatoes that came with my breakfast weren't hot. It was like they cooked them early in the morning & were reheating them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
usaf10-Thank you for taking the time to write the review. I will share your comments with appropriate department heads to improve our operation. If you are ever coming to Dallas, contact me directly so I can set up something special for you. Mike Owen-GM
Manor, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Comfy, clean rooms. Tasty food. Friendly staff. My only gripe was the fact that the A/C operates via a motion detector. If it does not sense movement (like when you're asleep), the A/C turns off and won't click back on automatically until it hits 75. Insane. I had to get up every other hour to get the dang thing to click back on. The person who decided to install these motion sensors should be shot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mam646
indigodallasgm, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
mam646-I will share your comments with ownership. I am glad you enjoyed everything else. The thermostats are not designed to shut off with someone in the room. I am hopeful you notified the desk of the issue. Have a good week.