“Fabulous”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We always enjoy our stay - the rooms are luxurious, well appointed & very comfortable. Hotels are very conveniently located, offer all amenities. The service was excellent both at the front desk & valet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed June 19, 2014

THis reviewer travels a lot for business and is hardly surprised, but I have to say that the Fairmont does all the basics right (no mean feat) and lots of little attentions and above all brilliat service make this just a little more special / comfortable.
Of course this probably comes from some clever epople at customer experience Dpt, but I give to them that it is really well executed.
Extra hats off to the quality of the food/drinks offering, a cut above equivalent hotels.and to Mr Tony Bennett at the door.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I think people have captured it. My AC didn't work. I felt like I was breathing air produced a year ago. Bathroom was Euro-small. Location is great because you are equidistant from arts district and the up and coming area down at Main. Unlike some of the reviewers, I thought everyone on staff was courteous and genuine. They just need to update the rooms - as they have started doing at the San Francisco Fairmont. Yes, its all about money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank golflefty
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the air conditioning system during your stay. We are disappointed to hear that your guestroom did not meet your expectations. I will share your experience with our hotel leadership team to ensure that these issues are properly addressed, and again we truly apologize for the inconvenience. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Theres something not quite right at thsi hotel. On teh face of it its wonderful. The rooms are lovely and generally well set out, the pool is superb and with the new gym equipment it is a very good gym ( i personally would move it to look over teh pool rather tahn put it in the cellar though). To my mind though the hotel is lacking synergy. everyone works hard and when you raise an issue they tend to deal with it but it would be better to not have issues. I was there at the same time as the Salesforce conference which meant breakfast was a disaster.Really - 30 mins for two poached eggs!!! The hotels not cheap either so its fair to expect quality. The one real strong comment I have is that the MENU is extremely weak. Not a great choice at all in the restaurant and don't get me started on the in room menu. All made worse by an OBLIGATORY 20% service charge. I like to pay gratuity appropriate to the service not have it added. So bottom line. will I stay here again. YES if at the weekend as I want a pool. Otherwise during the week NO - overpriced and average.

Room Tip: overlook the pool if possible and insist on a table for room service - not all food comes on a table...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank baguette15
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Messed up reservation that led to bad vacation & tried to rectify situation with a free breakfast that was dated wrong so I could not even use that. Lack of care for messing up reservations is not what I'm used to at "nice hotels" Only bright spot is Phillip at concierege desk!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel and its location were great! My only complaint would be the soft mattress. It is walking distance to the Perot Museum, valet parking is wonderful and they have the finest concierges around!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My husband and I always stay in the fairmont hotels and this one did not disappoint. The rooms were lovely with a cool Texas feel. The buffet breakfast has everything you need to start your day! The staff are friendly and the hotel is in the perfect location! The only reason I didn't give the hotel an excellent was because we upgraded to the suit , the bedroom and living room was huge but the bathroom was teeny but that is me being really picky!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We thank you for your loyalty in choosing Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and we are pleased that you enjoyed your first time at The Fairmont Dallas. I am glad to hear that our hotel colleagues provided excellent service and that you enjoyed our city-center location in the downtown Dallas Arts District. We hope to see you again at The Fairmont Dallas very soon.