“Great Hotel and Great Staff”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had a great stay at the Fairmont staff was very helpful and the rooms were excellent. My only criticism is with the valet service, they misplaced my car and I had to ask them about it after about 20 minutes of waiting.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Port Arthur suite in September. Couldn't have been more impressed with the attention to detail given to this room. Not only was it impeccably clean and comfortable but we were equally charmed by the fun, eclectic and modern decor. Definitely a 5 star experience from start to finish from two normally underwhelmed people!

• Stayed: September 2013
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hello and thank you for providing your comments. I am very pleased to hear that your experience was "five star" from start to finish. We are delighted that you enjoyed your newly renovated suite, which offers updated décor and a luxurious modern ambiance. Thank you again for sharing. We hope you will visit The Fairmont Dallas again very soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Fairmont. Great experience, Nice rooms, Very Friendly Staff, Location was within ten minutes to different areas of town. We will stay there again. Be prepared to valet park at $25 per night.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Razorbackgirl75
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I decided to stay at the Fairmont for a friend’s wedding. We really enjoyed the stay. To put the review in proper perspective, we were really just looking for a nice relaxing weekend. We caught a movie, enjoyed room service and just enjoyed the break from the proverbial "hustle and bustle" of our typical days.

Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. We opted for the "Romantic Option", rose petals, champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. When we checked-in, we found the room just as requested and were treated to a beautiful sunset.

We went ahead and used the valet (recommended due to the location) and had several trips in/out of the hotel. They always had the car ready and opened/closed the door for my wife (I appreciated this). Tony even made sure we buckled up.

We used room service a few times and found them to be very prompt and kind, no matter how late. We also found the food to be very good. My wife was impressed with the pizza.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a "City View"
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A long time mainstay of convention business and businessmen for downtown Dallas, the Fairmont Dallas has undergone a massive renovation and shines like a new penny. (Or should I say gold coin since this is Dallas?!) The bar is beautiful with lots of buzz. Rooms are large with comfortable beds and incredible views. Staff is over the top friendly despite being the go to hotel for every weekend event in Dallas. Prices for weekend stays are ridiculously affordable.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have been here before, in fact joined the President's Club. This trip will be my last at the Fairmont. To make the story short- checked in at 2:00pm. There was a dog barking continuously in a room down the hall. At 4:00 we told the manager and was told he would check it out. This poor dog barked non-stop. We left for dinner at 7:00 and still barking. Came back from dinner at 11:00pm, still barking. Whoever owned this poor dog should be arrested for animal abuse. We asked to change our room. So at 11:30pm we packed up and moved to another floor. I don't know what went on after that but that was over 9 hours of torture for that poor dog. The manager was not taking care of this. And why should WE have to ask to move our room? The dog and it's owner should have been moved! The management should have contacted the owner! Their pet policy is- the pet is not to be unattended. We have dogs and I have no problem with dogs staying in the hotel but this was handled so poorly. I'm sure the carpet looked a little different when housekeeping came to clean the next day!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicky G

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. Per hotel policy, pets cannot be left alone in guest rooms. It is my understanding that our management team attempted to reach the pet owner but was unable to make contact. We regret that the situation was not addressed in a timelier manner. I have shared your experience with our hotel leadership team to ensure that these issues are properly addressed, and again we truly apologize for your experience. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Super nice. Clean, and a great view. Right in the heart of everything. The best part was the doorman. He was super nice.

Parking? $25 PER NIGHT! Really? The very first day they just took my car and never mentioned the fee. I am already paying a pretty penny for a stay here, $25 per night is stupid.

All in all, I didn't let it ruin my stay.

Room Tip: Get something high!! We were on the 22nd floor and loved the view...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you had the chance to experience our city-center property and that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that our hotel colleagues provided warm service. I would like to kindly note that our valet parking is priced competitively with hotels in the downtown area; however we regret that this pricing did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Dallas.