“50th Kennedy Memorial stay at Fairmont” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“50th Kennedy Memorial stay at Fairmont”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Fairmont is a nice modern hotel with spacious and clean rooms ideal for our 7 night stay for the Kennedy memorial celebrations. It is a bit out of the way for the main attraction, Dealy Plaza. It is within walking distance but it can be a bit of a trek. There are restaurants nearby.

The hotel is also close the the American Airlines centre, ideal if you fancy a basketball match during your stay which I would thoroughly recommend. Never having been to a basketball match before it was thrilling. The Mavs won in the last minutes of the game and everyone went home happy!!

One drawback -the staff were not all that helpful. We tried to get the hotel to organise a taxi to the Texas theatre but they didn't. Just handed us a booklet with taxi firms advertised in it, and told to make our own arrangements. When we got there our cell phone wouldn't allow premium calls so we had to ask a policeman to assist!! Just as well they are friendly and obliging. Friend we met that night allowed us to share a taxi the Omni had arranged with them.

We lost a camera in the taxi and the Fairmont were no help initially in trying to assist to get it back. Again only reluctantly did they allow us to use a phone to call the Omni who had arranged the taxi. Again it was a "do it yourself " arrangement. Not what I would normally expect from a hotel of this standard. Only on they day we were leaving did we get anything approaching proper service from the concierge Phillip. He was very helpful and took down all the details and promised to look into it. here's hoping!!

Overall it was a great trip with many happy memories and some good photos to cherish from the second camera we had luckily brought with us. We must have known something bad would happen on the 22 November. That's what brought us there in the first place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Fairmont looks a hotel which is well past it's great days. Lobby has a dated look and the rooms need updating and bathrooms need renovation. The staff is great and service is extra nice - maybe to compensate for the rest. Ballroom space is ideal to host large events. If you are looking to enjoy the Dallas art district location is convenient. For business travelers ritz and crescent court are clearly superior options.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at the Fairmont Dallas in November, 2013 twice, both before and after the F1 Grand Prix over in Austin. Initially set up my booking with Greg Kirkham who was a pleasure to deal with. I am very particular about what I get for my hard-earned dollar (or £'s in my case being a Brit ) and seek the best I can and I have to say my wife and I really appreciated the service we were given from start to finish. The quality of the hotel, room (great bed!) and especially the Gold level service could not be faulted. In particular the friendliness of the staff was some of the best we experienced during our stay in Texas and I really wish we could have stayed longer. Full marks from me! Paul Kennard

1 Thank PFK1951
Waltham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

First visit to Dallas. Fairmont Dallas was exceptional in every respect.
Hotel is beautiful and very friendly, Had pleasure to meet Tony Bennett at reception.
What a breath of fresh air to encounter someone totally interested in a person's needs and
interests.
He was exceptionally polite and helpful.

The food was the best I have encountered at any hotel I have ever had.

Room Tip: Definitely top notch
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was attending the Dallas Margarita Society Ball and wanted to stay in downtown Dallas. The Sheraton was pricier than what I wanted to spend. After browsing travel websites, I found the Fairmont priced between $130-$200. To my surprise, I landed a 5 star for a great price. I phoned ahead to check in early. Andrea at the front desk was very personable. She found me a room on the highest floor. Walking in to the Fairmont, impressed me the most. Everyone spoke to me! They asked my name, remembered it and always addressed me. Now my room, exquisite! I see why this property is a 4 star. It's a traditional feeling hotel, not modern. The room was over 500 sq feet. Every detailed planned out. The Keurig hiding in the cabinet made me smile; the bed soft and the shower felt like a massage. The vanity table and mirror in this particular room, wowed me. They put me in the perfect room to prepare for a ball. More so than the beauty of the hotel was the service. I felt like a princess. The concierge Phillip took excellent care to ensure whatever I needed was handled. When I came down to the lobby in my ball gown, several staff asked to take pictures for me. Doors were opened at every stop. The hotel was decorated for the holidays as well. I counted over 10 trees. No expense was sparred either! Each tree it's own color. The ambiance was classy Christmas. At any moment, I thought carolers would show up. Only tiny complaint: no complimentary SUV or car to drive guests to downtown spots.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. Visit during the Christmas holidays. The trees are gorgeous.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Huntsville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the Fairmont when I couldn't get into my conference hotel and ended up paying considerably less in the long run. (I booked on an online discounter.) The hotel is older but well maintained. Location is within walking distance to the West End. The H-shape of the tower created an intimate feeling and reduced hall traffic and noise. My room was spacious and clean, and the king bed was comfortable (after I replaced the heavy duvet with a blanket from the walk-in closet). Wi-fi was an extra $15/day (after tax).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beaver, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went to Dallas for a business meeting which was held at the Fairmont Hotel. What a great experience. The hotel was already decorated for the holidays, and their Christmas trees really got me in the holiday spirit.

The staff was so nice, the meeting rooms, meals, and snacks were excellent, and the hotel room was superb. The floor they placed me on (18th floor, south tower) was so quiet, I had a wonderful night sleep. The bed was exceptional, the bathroom large, the room lighting easy to read by, and the toiletries top-notch.

I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business