“Center of everything”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Not the cheapest hotel but great location because it is a block from arts area and a 10 minute walk down Ross street to the best eateries on Lamar street. Don't waste your time, just ask Tony Bennett from the Fairmont for the best happenings.Most importantly they are very few taxis, call BJ on 14075970214 for a pick up anywhere, trust worthy and reliable taxi driver, used him for the three days I was there. If was back in Dallas again, will stay at the Fairmont.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room and as higher up the building as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I’m happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our city center location and enjoyed the recommendations made by our hotel colleagues. As the only hotel in the downtown Dallas Arts District, we are located just minutes from a wealth of wonderful attractions and fine dining. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again at The Fairmont Dallas very soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Dallas for a conference. I can offer absolutely no complaints. The room was clean and well-appointed. The staff was courteous and responsive. The fitness room was appropriately sized, with clean and up-to-date equipment.
Most of all, I will remember the flan served at one of the conference lunches. So delicious, I ate two. Also a really good appetizer size beef wellington.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent conference visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Fairmont Dallas. In particular, we are pleased that our colleagues provided engaging service and that you enjoyed our fitness center and guestroom accommodations. I'm glad that you loved our flan and will share your kind feedback with our culinary team. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Fabulous! I've always enjoyed staying at Fairmont hotels and The Fairmont Dallas was no exception. The gold floor lounge was lovely and the staff throughout the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable, with nice size closet, robes and slippers. Nice toiletries, too. I felt pampered in a luxurious setting. Excellent value for the price.

Room Tip: Worth it to stay on the gold floor!
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My stay was great and a staff member tony bennett was very kind and made sure my departure and stay was pleasant. The little conversation we had i told him iwas from okc n he has family here that was a great to know he made me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There was a bell hop that was just amazing. All the staff was extremely courteous and helpful, but this man stood out. His name is Tony Bennett. You can tell he truly loves his job. He is super friendly. I have to say I have never experienced this type of service anywhere. If you stop in say hello to Tony! He will make your day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you received warm service from our bellman Tony Bennett. Our hotel colleagues strive to provide guests with exceptional service, and Tony is a wonderful example of that commitment. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon at The Fairmont Dallas!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I just spent two nights at this hotel. Friendly staff and clean room but the closet
was simply strange. No rail to hang anything on, just what I call coat hooks on the back wall
of this very small closet. I have traveled a lot but never seen anything like that. The other
reason for three stars is the bathroom, very clean, but also very small. I guest it's the age
of the place. But something needs to be done about the closet. We attended a reception with
a couple of hundred other folks and the food was not really that good but the staff did a
great job. They all worked hard to keep the tables clear and get you anything you needed.
Roast beef in Texas should be very good, not so here. Dry and not much taste. Muffins were
dry as well. Not a bad overall experience but I honestly did expect more at a Fairmont.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that our hotel colleagues provided excellent service during your stay. However, I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay at our hotel did not quite meet your expectations. We have a very limited number of rooms with closets as you described, but for future stays we are happy to provide a rolling rack for your convenience. I have shared your comments with our hotel leadership team. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently stayed at The Fairmont Dallas for a conference there. My standard room was clean and well-appointed. They're also very environmentally conscious: they hand-sort ALL of the guest rooms' garbage for recyclables!

All of the staff with whom I interacted were friendly and helpful. An especially outgoing bellman--Tony Bennett was his name, for real!--seemed to go out of his way to make sure all folks knew of his broad smile and hospitality.

I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for providing your comments. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your newly renovated standard room, which offers updated décor and luxurious modern ambiance. As you mentioned, we offer recycling in all of our guest rooms. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is deeply committed to supporting sustainable efforts, and at The Fairmont Dallas we take this to heart by actively working to reduce environmental impact. I am pleased that you received warm service from Tony – he truly embodies our team's commitment to extending exceptional, personal hospitality to our guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon at The Fairmont Dallas!