“Very good”

Ranked #18 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very good”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

6 night stay in double-double on 10th floor. Staff very friendly and helpful throughout. Valet service with unlimited in/out worth the cost. Rooms clean and with good views. Friends complained that the room overlooking the superb pool was a mistake when the 7am water aerobics started!!! but we think this was a one-off, connected to a convention. Food good but easy to over order. Unlimited American breakfast at $16 good value. Allowed us to keep room til 2pm. Normal checkout is noon but hotel was not full. Worth joining free Presidents Club before you arrive - only way to get free wifi.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mike4wales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel had great valet parking (since there is near to no public parking in Downtown Dallas) rooms were clean beds a lil soft but fine. The area itself is nice. , However if you are looking for night life take a cab to "uptown Dallas" for great eats, outside dining .. patio bars. Sports bars. Great fun friendly people. We felt very safe being 2 single women. People everywhere in the streets walking to and from area restaurants and bars.
The shopping in Dallas is like no other city I've travelled to. AMAZING. there is also a very large mall we took a cab to this mall was huge. Cant remember the name. ?

• Stayed August 2013
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our ideal city-center location and all that Dallas has to offer. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of the restaurants and nightlife in the vibrant Uptown area and fantastic shopping at venues like NorthPark Center, the Galleria, and more. I'm also glad that you were pleased with our valet parking service, and will certainly pass along your kind words. Thank you very much for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope you will visit again soon on your next trip to Dallas.
smoothve57 in virginia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

W. F.
We had a wonderful stay at The Fairmont Hotel in Dallas Texas during the Links Affair 8/15/2013 to 8/18/2013. The service by Mr. Tony Bennett was exceptionally. He never failed in helping up with points of interest as we as the hotel amenities. He should be highly commended for his excellent service which I greatly appreciated since I have never been to Dallas. Again, job well done by Mr. Tony Bennett.

Room Tip: We actually had to change our room from room 1022 to room 1522 due to the fact that there was a prob...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I love it when hotels get better every year, but not this year the Fairmont. It wasn't easy checking into President's Club, I got stuck in the smallest room in the hotel (and I'm here for a week) in a room w/warm aircon, no luggage rack in the room, in the South wing where my convention sessions are NOT held, and feel now like I'm held hostage.

Room Tip: Stay in the North wing, corner room and usually huge. My south tower room is baking in the hot sun...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to Dallas for a conference for my husband. We spent a week at the Fairmont and totally enjoyed the hotel. A great location downtown...walking distance for many great places to eat...an excellent valet staff if you have a car. The hotel has a variety of rooms to meet everyone's interest, there is a variety of machines in the workout room and a Starbucks in the hotel. Like I said "a great hotel"

Room Tip: Mission Suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your conference stay with your husband at our city center hotel. Feedback such as yours is especially valuable as our staff consistently strives to provide engaging service to all of our guests. I will pass along your kind words regarding our valet parking service and lobby-level Starbucks to our team, as I am sure they will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Dallas Fairmont hotel this past weekend and had a great time! Tony Bennett's pleasant smile, positive attitude, and high energy----made each morning a great start to the day---he truly represents all the best qualities in first class hotel service :)
Everyone we came across had a great attitude and helpful spirit.

We look forward to heading back there soon...
-Jack & Maria

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maria & Jack, Hello and thank you very much for your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and that you received warm service from Tony Bennett. At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our passion is hospitality and Tony’s enthusiasm is a great example of that commitment! I will share your very kind words with Tony, and I'm sure it will put a smile on his face! Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again very soon at The Fairmont Dallas!
TYLER, TX
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just returned from a convention in Dallas, Tx., and, stayed at the Fairmont in downtown. Overall the hotel is a very nice hotel. I have a couple of service issues upon my checking out. When checking out I asked the gentlemen to have my bags collected from my room and held while I was finishing up the last few hours of my convention. Upon my arrival back, they had not retrieved my bags, but, made me go back and look myself to see if they were still in my room. Fortunately they still were, and, that issue was resolved. Also the valet parking area is very congested and almost impossible to retrieve your car. The toilets in the rooms have the old style flush handle which I thought was quite amusing. I would go back again though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business