“Outstanding hotel”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is another beautiful Fairmont. I have never even disappointed at any of these hotels. An incredible value. The Dallas Fairmont is Close to business and museums. Try the Fairmont in Seattle as well. I travel extensively for business and always look for a Fairmont.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our city-center hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Dallas!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My recent stay at the Fairmont Dallas was nothing short of exceptional. Our room requests were deftly handled. The concierge was extremely helpful in making my wife's birthday weekend very special: flowers, champagne, fruit, and help with dinner and travel suggestions. The entire staff was so professional and extremely helpful and attentive. The decor of the hotel, inside and out have improved tremendously. I highly recommend this hotel for couples or families or business travel!

Room Tip: High rooms have great dallas views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Well, I just need to begin by saying I almost 100 % disagree with another reviewer who complained about every aspect of this hotel. Guess I am ( at age 57) one of the 'older crowd' that he rather disparagingly spoke of.
My husband and I were in Dallas 2 weeks ago for training he needed to attend and were booked at the Fairmont- our first time at the hotel. We did, in the only point I agreed with of pfmartens, have the help of a bellman only after my husband had begun unloading luggage, and the bellman took the luggage only a few steps to the desk where he practically held out his hand for a tip.
From this point however,our stay was perfect. A different bellman took our luggage to our room and was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating.Our room was beautiful and nicely updated with a great view of downtown Dallas .We were fortunate enough to be on a Gold Level floor, which I very much recommend. That fact made us eligible for the amenities only available for those three floors, including access to a well-appointed lounge with one of the best breakfasts I have had anywhere (included in the price of the room.)
There is a Starbucks in the lobby area, and I found the fitness area to be up to date and immensely workable.
There is quite a bit of tipping expected, so be ready for that; also, we found the parking fee to be higher than we thought acceptable.

Room Tip: I do not have experience with any other rooms, but the Gold Level (can't remember the exact 3 fl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello and thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Gold floor level accommodations and access to the Fairmont Gold Lounge. We are also glad that you enjoyed the guest room decor, fitness center and lobby level Starbucks. Regarding your initial interaction with our guest services team, I would like to assure you that your experience is not indicative of the level of service our property typically provides. We strive to offer engaging, attentive service for our guests and we regret that your experience did not reflect that. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to be of service on your next visit to Dallas.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a business conference in Dallas.

The Fairmont was reasonably priced and one of the few better properties downtown.

Dallas closes down early in the evening and there wasn't much to do outside of the property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay for your business conference. As the Dallas Arts District hotel, we are surrounded by an array of cultural attractions and are conveniently located near the Uptown trolley and the DART rail. We are located steps away from many cultural venues including the Nasher Sculpture Center, the Dallas Museum of Art, Klyde Warren Park, in addition to entertainment, shopping, fine dining, and more. Our concierge is always available to help you plan your itinerary for future stays. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will come back to visit us again very soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a Weekend Stay, Room was great.. Huge Bathroom. Nice Outdoor view from the 22nd floor. Great location to everything in Downtown. valet parking was prompt, even with the long drive they had to go on to park cars.

Room Tip: Higher Up rooms have Less Noise, and have a Better view of Down Town and the Arts District.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I were in town for the Bush library dedication and decided to stay at the Fairmont. It is reasonably priced (not cheap but not over the top either) and well-located in the heart of downtown. The staff all were gracious and welcoming. The room was on the small side, especially the bathroom, but well-appointed and attractive. The breakfast room service was silly-expensive (really, a continental breakfast should not need to cost $25) but we needed to get some food before heading out. Ah, well. All in all, much to like about the hotel and a few dislikes but nothing major.

Room Tip: The upper rooms offer a nice view of Dallas, if one thinks Dallas has nice views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay for the Bush Presidential Library dedication. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the modern guest room décor and our convenient location. Our hotel colleagues strive to ensure that our guests receive consistently warm and engaging service, and I’m pleased to hear that your experience reflected that commitment. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Dallas!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff were very friendly for the most part, but the room was not what I expected for a supposedly new five star hotel. Room was average at best and not as clean as the Hampton Inn, which would have been my choice - if I had one. Room service and restaurants were overpriced and food was not what I expected it would be for a hotel of this caliber. I will not stay here again if I am given a choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business