“The breakfast buffet was my favorite part of The Fairmont!”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #18 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Katy, Texas
“The breakfast buffet was my favorite part of The Fairmont!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I, along with a group of coworkers, stayed at the Fairmont while attending a conference in Dallas. When we arrived for check in, we found that the room we reserved was not available. This was a problem for us as we had to share a room which put us at three ladies in one bed. We were told that our room would be ready the next day and we given a roll away bed, drink tickets, and complimentary breakfast buffet coupons. We made the situation as comfortable for us as possible, but no one really slept well. The next day, we ate breakfast in The Pyramid and it was amazing! The food was excellent and the selection was vast: cold and hot options including eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and French toast. The hotel was in walking distance of our conference as well as many great restaurants like Campisi's and Meso Maya. When we returned to check into our new room, we found the room was changed but still not the one we reserved. We were given a suite, with one king sized bed and a pull out sofa instead of the room with the two queen sized beds and pull out sofa. We still had to request a pull out bed for our third coworker. We ended up staying at a very nice hotel, with a high price for three nights, to sleep on roll away beds and a pull out sofa. That was the biggest complaint we had about our stay. The staff seemed helpful and caring.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Hurst, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I went on Travelosity looking for a last minute place to stay in Dallas. Oh my am I glad we picked this place. This place is the best Hotel I have stayed in Dallas. The Omni has nothing on the Fairmont. The staff pays lots of attention to the details. There is an old school feel to the way you are treated. Also I would recommend upgrading to the gold lounge. It is well worth it.

1 Thank Scott D
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Fairmont Dallas and the Gold floor accommodations. We are delighted to be recognized as the best hotel you have stayed at in Dallas and I will share your feedback with our colleagues! Your experience is a great example of how our team strives to provide engaging, memorable service for our guests. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again at our hotel in the very near future!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good choice overall. Nice ammenities in room. The highlight was interaction with Tony Bennett at the concierege desk! Everyone, however, at the concierege desk was very helpful and i appreciated all their help. Room price is still too high in my opinion, but still a nice hotel. Bulbs were missing in a couple of the lamps in my room, however. Cordless phone did not work in my room. I asked the staff to fix it, and it never happened. When you pay these kinds of prices, you expect certain things!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed for five nights while attending a convention. Every staff member was very attentive to our needs. As out-of-towners, we depended on the advise of the concierge and bell men for transportation, food choices. Especially helpful was the gentleman, Tony Bennett, who made sure we were well treated by drivers (taxi). He knew us after the first day and always helped us. Very special treatment. (We are "older mature" women and he was very respectful. We especially appreciated kindness in his manner.) The hotel was clean, and our rooms were immaculate. We found the Starbucks in the hotel to be a great convenience.

Room Tip: Request what you want and when you check-in, remind them of what you requested. Nearness to the elev...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I'm happy that your guest room accommodations were comfortable and that our concierge and guest services team members were helpful in providing local recommendations. We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as our colleagues strive to provide engaging service, and I will share your kind words with our team. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we hope that you will visit The Fairmont Dallas again very soon!
Dallas,Tx
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Pyramid for dinner was great!! The newly improved rooms are awesome-

Clay in the restaurant was great and always checked on our table-

Food was great and service was truly exceptional-

Checkin went well and they had our room ready-no wait at all-

They even have a starbucks in the hotel

Room Tip: South Tower-New rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room accommodations during your stay at our city-center hotel. The redesigned guest rooms offer modern décor and new furniture for an authentically Texan ambiance. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and four-star cuisine at The Pyramid Restaurant. I will share your kind words with our colleagues. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!
New York
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed six nights while attending a convention. Room was very good sized, with a nice walk-in closet and a comfortable bed, but the bathroom was a bit small, and there was no sitting area, only a table/desk with chair and a second uncomfortable "easy" chair.
Very classy walk-in shower with glass doors, but you had to be very careful to prevent water from leaking under the doors onto the bathroom floor. Only one flimsy metal soap dish in the shower, with thin metal bars that allowed your soap and other items to slip through and fall to the floor. I resorted to balancing the soap on the grab bar: I got pretty good at this by the end of the stay.
We upgraded to the Gold level, and I would definitely recommend this: $45/night upgrade included a nicer room, breakfast for two in the Gold Lounge on the 18th floor, late-afternoon hors-doeuvres in the lounge, and free Wi-Fi in the room. Both the breakfast spread and the late afternoon buffet were quite generous. But the service in the lounge for breakfast was hit-or-miss: most days everything went smoothly, but one day no orange juice, no plates had been put out for the buffet, and place settings were lacking from our table.
Two of the three people I dealt with at the front desk were pleasant and efficient; the third seemed to not know what she was doing. When I checked out, I was first presented with a bill for the entire cost of the stay, despite the fact that I had prepaid the room charges, and owed only for the upgrade. This was rectified by a second receptionist, but it really should not have happened. Finally, I requested a one hour extension on checkout (from Noon to 1 pm). The receptionist had to check to see if this was possible, and first indicated that they would not be able to accommodate my request, but then said it was OK since I had had trouble with the bill. After a six-night stay, this seemed a tad curmudgeonly.
Despite these several minor glitches, our overall experience was very positive. Somebody said the secret to happiness is low expectations: if you take that approach, you'll have a very comfortable stay at the Fairmont.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade to the Gold Level
Arkansas
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is over-rated - it is clean and has comfortable beds. Bathrooms are small with a very small vanity. Bath robes & plenty of closet space. Staff is friendly & helpful.
Had reserved a King room, but ended up with 2 queens - and had reservations for over a month. Said they were full & didn't have my room-type available... Hmmmm - why make a reservation?
Rooms are small with no microwave or refrigerator, but does have bottled water for $7.50 & a liquor & snack bar for purchase in your room. TV channels are very limited. WIFI is extra unless you belong to their Presidents Club.
Parking is $25/day - which they returned my car to me totally covered in dirt from a rain the night before, apparently from parking it outside under trees. In other words, I paid $75.00 to have my car returned to me needing a good bath. This doesn't include all the tipping when you want your car.
On a good note - Tony Bennett is awesome. Don't know how he remembers everyone by name - but he does - makes it personal.
We travel a lot - and have stayed with other chains for a lot less and much better amenities & just as nice accommodations -
You can upgrade for even more $$$$ if you want a breakfast & free Wifi.
Won't be going back - Hilton will probably be my choice.