“The Fairmont of Dallas Service”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #18 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Morganton, North Carolina, United States
“The Fairmont of Dallas Service”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Loved the help of the staff member,Tony Bennett he help me with my every need He carried all my luggage and arranged for my transportaion very kind and curtious.Thanks for making me feel like a King hats off to Tony.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have the best view ask Tony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the warm service provided by our bellman Tony Bennett. We’re glad to hear that you had a memorable stay at The Fairmont Dallas. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon at our city-center hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I got this hotel on a priceline name your own price. It is definitely a 4 star hotel. Very nice and just like any other 4 star hotel they will charge you for everything. The internet was not free but they did offer an upgrade for 50.00 a day for a better room, free breakfast and free internet for 2 people. I was reluctant but happy that I spent the money for it was well worth it. The staff was friendly. Each time for the valet they asked if I needed any directions for where we are going. Hotel does seem like a good location for some local attractions like JFK deally plaza, could see the American Airlines Arena outside our window and looked walkable. Did have a Starbucks in the hotel. I dont think I would stay here again though but that is because Im just not a 4 star person.

Room Tip: Stay in the north tower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sphyte
Denton
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went for girls weekend. Room is nice, very comfortable! Had room service for dinner and food was very good. Breakfast in the Presidents Club lounge was outstanding - country wheat bread, eggs, sausage and wonderful coffee. The Fairmont knows how to do customer service.

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room. Some are bigger than others.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Friendly staff and helpful. However the hotel is getting tired. They also need to pay attention to important details after check in I discovered that the shower would not get past Luke warm. Renovations in the South Tower somewhere caused the hot ace cold water to get connected. If I turned the sink on hot the shower would warm up but not by much. A patron should not have to discover this at after 10:00pm. Had to re-pack and change rooms late at night

Room Tip: Ask about renovations.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am disappointed to hear the inconvenience experienced during your stay. As you mentioned, we are currently in the process of renovating our guestrooms and suites in order to offer new, modern amenities and décor for our guests. We regret that the water temperature in your guest room was not satisfactory. I will pass your comments along to our hotel leadership to ensure that this issue is addressed. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Staff, concierge were helpful. Got a great deal through cheaptickets.com - gym in building, which was nice. Valet parking was $25 for the nite-so i parked on street for free. Usually i stay in 3 star hotels, so this was a treat because, i found such a great rate. The Fairmont is clearly a top of the line, luxurious, downtown hotel.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed December 19, 2012

OK, it's probably pretty odd to have such a good rating and such a miserable night, but I want to be fair to the property. The Fairmont is a large, older downtown hotel that has been well kept up and doesn't show her age. The property is clean and attractive, the employees are courteous, friendly and engaging. Our room on the 11th floor (Rm 1133) was large, clean, comfortable (mostly) and had an amazing view. The king bed felt like we had died and gone to heaven, super comfy with just-right down pillows and luxe bedding. A huge flat-screen and a Kuerig brewer rounded out the room. Everything was great until it wasn't! We returned from an event the night we were there and prepared for bed. We sleep best in a pretty chilled room, so I cranked the AC down to 64 (Dallas had been 66 that day, several days prior, it had gotten chillier). I would have opened the window if I could, but you know hotel windows don't seem to open anymore. We tucked in and went to sleep... my husband and I kept waking up in different stages of grogginess, uncomfortably warm. I splashed cold water on my face, turned down the thermo, went back to sleep, sort of. At 2am, we were both up, miserable. I called the front desk and was told that they would call the electrician to get the 'chiller' turned on. Possibly in the cold snap several days before the hotel had turned off all the ACs! I cranked the AC down a couple more degrees and went back to bed. Either the chiller was never turned on or it took time to engage, don't know...but we did not sleep that night. We even tried opening the curtains to get the radiated cool thru the window into our room. What a bummer! We had a full day planned for the next day and were draggy and groggy. As we checked out (early), I told the clerk who seemed very concerned and removed our parking fee ($25) and asked if we had had breakfast (we had not eaten the $24 continental room service) as she would have waived that fee, too. Since we had made our reservations third party, I do not believe reimbursing the room was an option to her. So...we had a good overall impression of the property but on the most important question-- 'did we sleep well?'---I would have to say a resounding no. This would not prevent me from ever returning because everything else was good, however, in the future I will confirm at CHECKIN that the room chillers are turned on and check immediately that there is temperature control in the room. Rats. We had SO been looking forward to that trip, too!

Room Tip: Obviously the rooms on higher floors have better views. Our room on the northern side of the propert...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelswithmutts
Katy, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel was fabulous from the decor to the rooms but the most memorable was the bellman Tony Bennett (yes that is his real name), he was AMAZING! Tony is so full of life, spunk overall genuine kindness that you really don't find these days. Hats off to the supervisors for hiring such a wonderful employee!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello and thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and that you received a warm welcome from our bellman Tony Bennett. All of our colleagues strive to provide guests with engaging service, and Tony’s enthusiasm is a great example of that commitment. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon at The Fairmont Dallas!