“Solid hotel”

The Fairmont Dallas
Ranked #17 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here 7 nights for a business event and found it to be comfortable and well run. Excellent service. Everyone was friendly and genuinely ready to help. Food was good and facilities were fine. Room was clean and comfortable. No major complaints.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank atima
There are newer reviews for The Fairmont Dallas

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would be surprised if this stays a Fairmont for long without a major face lift. The common areas are nice. The rooms are tired and worn. The service is great. The location is off the beaten path and not a lot within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your comments. Feedback such as yours is especially valuable as we are commencing a renovation of our guest rooms this month. The redesigned guest rooms will include modern décor and new furniture for an updated, authentically Texan ambiance. We invite you to visit us again to experience the new rooms. Regarding our location, as the only hotel in the Dallas Arts District, we are located steps away from many cultural venues including the Nasher Sculpture Center, the Dallas Museum of Art, Klyde Warren Park, in addition to shopping, fine dining, and more. Our concierge is always available to help you plan your itinerary. Thank you again for providing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

check in line was long. At 4:00 our room wasn't ready, but the desk clerk offered a free drink each at the bar, so the wait was ok. Bar area was crowded, though we were served quickly. Our room was as expected for a Fairmont. Check out was smooth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont for three nights on business. Check-in was fairly easy, but upon getting into my room, I was greeted by a dirty toilet! Dirty as in not flushed toilet. Pretty disgusting! However, I reported it to the front desk, who offered to move me to another room (I declined), and promptly fixed the issue.

Later, I noticed that the toilet was dirty again, after I had flushed it, so it was clearly a maintenance issue and not a housekeeping issue. Similarly, the thermostat in my colleague's room didn't work, so it felt like a sauna in there. Luckily, that is his preference, but it's clear that there are some maintenance issues here, which is why I am only giving the hotel 4 out of 5.

The staff was great, and had no problem accommodating our change of plans--we had to leave two nights earlier than we expected to beat Hurricane Sandy to the northeast.

The breakfast in the morning was incredibly overpriced, but that's par for the course. The breakfast burrito was far and away the best value at $10.

My only other suggestion to the Fairmont is to redesign the bar area so there is more seating. It was always a problem to find a seat to eat or drink.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the fairmont dallas , I did have a little problem with my bank card nothing that couldn't be fixed though . their rooms are very nice , I had a wonderful view from my room , room service is quick to come and staff was nice .

Tony bennett was a wonderful doorman , very fuuny and sweet .

• Stayed: November 2012
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with your guest room and the service provided by our hotel colleagues during your stay. Our staff is committed to providing engaging, memorable service for all of our guests. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'm not sure if it was just my room or the hotel. There was old wallpaper in the bathroom that looked like it was glued back on the wall several years ago and without proper caulking, rust on the metal door in the wall/ceiling, old caulking in the tub/tile seam and the toilet seat looked old with scratches painted over. The lobby is nice, but the room just felt really old and outdated. It didn't feel 4 star quality, which was disappointing. The bartender, James was great, made good drinks, and never left you waiting for the next one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in this forum. I’m disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Starting this month, The Fairmont Dallas will begin the process of updating and upgrading our guestrooms and suites. This renovation will offer new, modern amenities and décor. Feedback such as yours is incredibly valuable as we work to ensure that our hotel continues to exceed the expectations of our modern guests. We hope you will return to the hotel on your next trip to Dallas, and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

While attending a conference at the Dallas Fairmont I saw a coat in the window of the gift shop and went in to take a look. The sales lady (Rosalie) was great. She showed me several different versions of the coat and even would try them on to help me with size.

Next day I went back and the flower shop located next to gift shop was closed. I had wanted to get a single rose for someone who had gone above and beyond in helping with our conference. Rosalie had a single rose at the counter and I ask if I could buy it she wrapped with tissue paper and said I could have for no charge. What an unexpected wonderful thing to do.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business