“Breakfast”

GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“Breakfast”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I had the Eggs Benedict with Salmon. I was later sick; I commented that the Salmon was extremely salty. It was smoked not cured, the manager said it was cured but it wasn’t. I am worried that something was put on the salmon to keep it fresh and that worries me. Would never eat there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We truly regret that you had a negative experience with with our breakfast menu. As you stated, the salmon in the dish is smoked rather than cured, so I apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred. Our goal is to consistently provide cuisine that is made with fresh, high quality ingredients, so I will certainly share your comments with our staff. Please feel free to contact me at katie.norwood@fairmont.com if you have any concerns or would like to discuss this matter further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We, as a company, have stayed at The Fairmont Dallas four consecutive years now for the TX/OU Red River Rivalry, which I imagine is one of the busiest weekend's of the year for the hotel. The staff is always friendly and helpful through parking, checking in, and assistance over all. The rooms are always above par with cleanliness and amentities and the lobby bar has a great atmosphere for entertaining. We will recommend The Fairmont Dallas for any clients that need a place to stay and anytime we go for business. We look forward to our stay every year and wouldn't think of looking at another hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at The Fairmont Dallas. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff! We truly strive to provide our guests with warm, engaging and exceptional service. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to serve you during your time here in Dallas. We hope to see you at The Fairmont Dallas again very soon!
California
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I really enjoy my stay at the Fairmont. Everyone was so friendly and informative. I got in at 12:30AM thanks to a horrible experience with Super Shuttle. My room was on the "Gold Floor" this is worth the upgrade. Wonderful breakfast, nice atmosphere and a lovely hostess. The only thing they got wrong was my gender on my bill and gold letter. No biggie. I was treated wonderfully by everyone.

Room Tip: You get compliementary drinks and coffee all day. They have snacks and nice hearty breakfast and des...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank D'sGirl
Folsom, CA
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I was in Dallas for a business conference held at this property. Although work has been done to spruce up the place, the rooms show their age. While my room was large and generally pretty clean, the carpet and furnishings were a bit tired. That said, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was clean with all the fixtures working as advertised.

All the meals I had on property were in a group setting. The quality of the food was good.

One thing that this Fairmont does well is service. Wherever I went and whatever I needed, the hotel staff were eager to please. It is clear outstanding service is an objective the hotel management strives to deliver. It was too pervasive to be the result of individual initiative.

1 Thank JHFIII
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by The Fairmont Dallas staff; providing outstanding service is a very important goal for all of our colleagues. We certainly appreciate your feedback regarding the guest rooms as well. I hope that you will visit us again very soon!
Lyon, France
Reviewed September 15, 2011

It is a pity,I only could stay 2 days in this magnificient place,I did not want to leave as I had a
wonderful experience at The Fairmont.Everything was so nice.From checking in to checking out.I took the Gold room and the service was excellent.Nice,big room with all the confort.
Private lounge for breakfast,tea time or evening cocktails.Donna and Darvet were absolutly
wonderful .I had time to enjoy the Pool where you can enjoy nice food .The hotel is huge but you feel like home.Excellent location if you are here for business or holidays.
I really recommand this fantastic place ...

Room Tip: gold room excellnt deal for the value
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
KatieNorwood, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Dallas, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at The Fairmont Dallas. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with the level of service provided on our Fairmont Gold floor. We are thrilled to provide a "home" for you here in Dallas! Thank you very much for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you at The Fairmont Dallas again very soon!
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed for a business conference and had several problems with my room at check in which I spent a few hours resolving. Phone didn't work, problem with ac, Internet issues, so they moved me to a new room. After getting settled in a new room everything was better. Service was great and everyone very helpful here. The hotel itself I don't think is anything special and there are places in Dallas I would chose over this one for another stay.

Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I attended a conference at this hotel last month. Although there were hundreds of participants, the front desk staff was calm and cool. As a frequent traveler, I appreciate that. Rooms were well kept and all amenities were stocked. Our room was much larger than I expected. The only thing that I don't like is that the valet is an extra $24/day. It should be half that, or at least discounted based on the number of nights one stays. I will certainly return - my car may not.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 5th floor are very quiet under normal circumstances
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business