“Great independent films with reserved seats & a fun bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Magnolia Theatre

Magnolia Theatre
Ranked #8 of 35 Fun & Games in Dallas
Seattle, Washington
201 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Great independent films with reserved seats & a fun bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Love this movie theater which has good matinee and student specials. Parking can be difficult as it is located in the very busy West Village, but worth the trip! If you are looking for the harder to find independent films and documentaries this is your place:) Rarely do I see kids in this movie theatre which is nice when you are trying to enjoy a very complex plot and all while you can have a chilled bucket with a bottle of wine to share with friends or your significant other!

Visited April 2014

Dallas, Texas, USA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best theater in Dallas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my favorite theater. The seats are very comfortable and the popcorn is high quality and fresh. My husband likes that we can come early, pick out our seats, go have a meal at a nearby restaurant and return to the theater just before the movie starts. There is a full bar - so you can take your favorite drink into the theater as well. The Magnolia also runs lots of foreign films - which I tend to enjoy.

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Finally, Movie Viewing for the Grown - Ups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I found ourselves in the Dallas, Texas area with a few hours to kill and decided to see a movie. Unfortunately, the one we wanted to see was an independent film and was showing only at this theater. It's nestled in the downtown area of Dallas in the West Village shopping Center surrounded by plentiful designer shops and stores. The theater has large, comfortable, wonderful leather seats that recline just enough so that you don't fall asleep. In addition, I loved that the theater allowed us to select our seat in advance before the movie. Not only would this help with getting seats together for our family, but it would also eliminate the need for couples or families to show up an hour before the movie in order to get a good seat together. I see the other reviews complaining about this procedure, but I have to disagree. We watch movies regularly and many times see the Hi-Def/3-D/IMAX selection in order to avoid the types of rude people that frequent the theaters. With selected seating, I can see eliminate the rude stares that do no good and the confrontation that ensues later. I pay a lot of money to watch the movies of my choice, and I do not want to be privy to a drama on the telephone about who's going swimming at the lake next week or who just got dumped by her boyfriend at the club!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank DeniseYRoss
Dallas, Texas
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Great selection / nice chairs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of our regular spots but Now with reserved seats. This delays the ticket process with no improvement in outcome. Stood longer in line while people pick their seats and people who've pre-ordered seats have to find their ticket order. I don't get it yet. But maybe I'm slow.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Allen727286
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Comfy chairs and a bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Great theater where you can reserve seats and their location. Comfy leather chairs and good sized screen and sound. Didn't like the guy behind me who kept kicking the back of my chair till I told him to stop. Will go again if the movie I want to see is playing.

Visited June 2013