“Great Homemade Food”

Ranked #1,326 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to eat if your looking for homemade cooking, the cornbread is to die for, I had the glazed salmon, carrots, greens, and cornbread, best restaurant cornbread I ever tasted the dinner rolls were good as well. A great place for the family as well, we were there around 11:30 am and we were able to order the lunch or dinner portions.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I always make it a point to come to the Dixie House whenever I am in Dallas. It brings back so many good memories of eating out with friends many, many years ago. It features good old fashioned home cooking of the country-East Texas variety. As added attraction, I am taking my girlfriend here on her very first trip to Dallas and, hopefully, she will become a fan as well.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good value for the family Great place for the larger family gathering bring Grandparents they always find something to eat on the menu

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Haven't been here in a really long time. Went to Lakewood Theatre for Mother Blues Reunion and we decided to eat here first. Everyone is super friendly here. The homemade rolls are perfect! I had fried chicken livers, broccoli rice cassarole, and squash cassarole. Fabulous! My friend had the sampler with potato skins, fried green tomatos and chicken fingers. Very good! Our waiter was Paul and he was excellent! Nice to see that some good things never change. The neighborhood is still alive and well too!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Good atmosphere, food like Black Eyed Pea! Been around a long time. Nice neighborhood spot!

Been to Black Eyed Pea - Dixie House? Share your experiences!