“Wang's Chinese Cafe”

Wang's Chinese Cafe
Ranked #1,289 of 3,749 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wang's is a little more pricey than your average Chinese take-out, but it's usually pretty well worth it. I was feeling extra hungry today, so I loaded up for a feast: crab puffs, shrimp lo mein, General Tso's chicken, and an egg roll for good measure.

The crab puffs were awesome. Crispy fried outside, creamy cheese and crab on the inside. Although, once they sit for a while, the crispiness turns into chewiness, so eat them while hot.

My egg roll was good and flaky, but there isn't much more to say about it really.

The General Tso's chicken is usually pretty good, but it was somewhat lacking today. I mean, the flavor was good, but there was no heat to it at all. General Tso's is supposed to be spicy, so I was surprised at the mildness of it today. There were a couple of peppers floating in my order, but they sure didn't add any kick.

I absolutely LOVE their shrimp lo mein. The noodles are just right, but aren't as greasy as you'll find at most places. But what really seals this dish is the shrimp. They're big and seared with lots of flavor. I just wish there were more of them.

If It hadn't been for the General Tso's, I would have given Wang's five stars hands down.

Read my other reviews, complete with pictures:

The Barbecue Fiend

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice little long time Chinese cafe in Preston Center. Lots of other restaurants in the area. Fast Deilvery. Very good Hot & Sour Soup.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I loved the duck and the lettuce wraps are the best I've ever tasted. The two times I've been, the service is great and is never very crowded.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 10, 2008

Good portions, and free soup with your meal.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook