“Great food”

Ranked #1,941 of 3,691 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summerside Dr.
Description: Our food is not just a meal, it’s a taste of Afghan culture! Our menu offers Afghan novelties such as Mantoo, Qabili Palao and Sabzi Chalao, as well as an array of grilled kabobs and menu items from other cuisines such as Dolma and Hummus. Each plate is made with exotic spices and served fresh. Stop in and see what we are all about and discover a cuisine you never knew you were craving!
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The food was very good, we have never tried Afghan food before so we order different dishes they were all good, I had korma chicken and my husband lamb, they were really delicious. The rice was my favorite. If you are wondering the food is a little similar to Indian food but is not spicy.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The food here is authentic and delicious and the service is always friendly. We love everything in the menu. Try this place - you'll love it too!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate here on Saturday night. The restaurant was not full but had a nice atmosphere. We got a bottle of Malbec and had hummus and fried eggplant appetizers. Delicious! Then had lamb kebab, vegetable sampler, kabuli chicken and korma chicken. We practically licked our plates clean.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

There is something strange going on in Dallas. Often after reading a stellar review of a restaurant, the place either nosedives or goes out of business before I get there. This is a nosediver!

When we arrived there for lunch, I was disappointed that it was hard to find at the back and side of a small strip center. Bad location. When we entered, we immediately noticed that there were only two tables of patrons at one fifteen or so. Nevertheless we had to wait to be seated. Bad first impression. It took a long time to be presented with menus and actually order. Bad service. In the bathroom the paper towel holder fell off the wall when I touched it. Bad maintenance.

The place also has a stupid name. Does Afghan Grill sound like a big draw to you? It could have been worse, like Infidel Kabob Paradise or something more inflammatory. Even Ali Baba, our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant has started renaming some of its locations with more "western friendly" sounding names.

As for the food, it was tasty but skimpy. I ordered a vegetable plate and expected a lot of rice, at least. No luck. My wife ordered a noodle dish that was overcooked and looked left over from the day before, also skimpy. Back to Ali Baba!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband, daughter, son and his wife enjoyed dinner Labor Day. It was hard to select from the many enticing choices. We all got something different and sampled each other's dishes. It was fun and tasty. It was a little high but not outrageous and we all enjoyed our selections.

Been to Afghan Grill? Share your experiences!