“There are still family run Mexican restaurants in the Dallas area!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mexicali Restaurant
Ranked #1,004 of 3,639 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 27, 2009

I have been a huge fan of Mexicali for several years. Although I live in North Dallas, whenever I'm in Garland, I make a point to stop at Mexicali --- I've also been known to make a special trip!

The food at Mexicali is excellent They do all of the Mexican favorites - tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and fajitas very well. A couple of my all time favorites: the fajita chicken chimichanga with sour cream sauce, the queso flamiado, the nachos and the combo fajitas. Their lunch menu is great for smaller appetites. Appetizers are huge, so keep that in mind if you are thinking app + entree. Salsa is fresh and tasty --- not too spicy, but plenty of kick. It's obvious that there are lots of regulars on Friday nights -- very few people look at the menu!

Service is good -- this is the kind of place where people remember you. Margaritas are also tasty!

I'd count this one as a hidden gem --- definitely worth the trip. It's not a fancy place --- just a little family run place in a strip mall, but the food is wonderful!

1  Thank KimKDallas
There are newer reviews for Mexicali Restaurant

Reviewed October 22, 2008

We've been eating at Mexicali almost weekly for over 15 years. I stumbled upon them when they were located across the street from the Casa View Public Library, and followed them to their location on Northwest Highway/Jupiter.
The food is excellent. Literally everything on the menu is very tasty. We normally order the combination fajitas and have never been disappointed!
Wonderful family atmosphere. Family owned and operated, the nicest waitstaff -ever-, and the top shelf maragaritas are just awesome!
The lunch menu is available all the time, so if you're not absolutely starving, the smaller portions are nice.
Can't say enough good things about this place!

2  Thank groovynet

Been to Mexicali Restaurant? Share your experiences!