“Only real Italian Market in Dallas”
Review of Jimmy's Food Store

Jimmy's Food Store
Ranked #1 of 3,712 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Ok, so I moved to Texas from Miami and grew up in Philly. In Miami we had a great Italian Market and Phiily was an Italians dream. When I found Jimmy's I couldn't believe it. Real butcher counter. Large selection of Italian wines and even fresh veggies. A real gem in Dallas.

2  Thank Vr L

Reviewed December 7, 2013

It's Dallas' slice of NYC!

I LOVE Jimmy's and apparently I'm not the only one.

We go for... so so so many things.
- Lunch deli - they have amazing sandwiches! Get the Cuban and some paper towels to wipe the sweat. It's a game changer!
- Wine selection - it's amazing for a little store and much of it is from Europe.
- Butcher shop - amazing meats and the best Italian sausage of my LIFE!
- Cheese & Stuffed olives - can you say YUM!
- FRESH PASTA's - Holy Cow these are amazing
- FRESH PIZZA DOUGH - yep yep! I'm lovin it!
- Homemade Sauces - the Vodka sauce is life changing and great on pizza!

Don't forget the have a dining room in the back behind the kitchen if you want to sit down and relax.

1  Thank Godsdivan
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I know that there are many reviews and devotees of this store. I really like the old store charm and some of the selections of food to buy. It's a fun place to go and look around. I'm not sure though, what the fuss is about the sandwiches. They were fine, but not anything special. The bread was OK but not great and the chicken the same. Same with the Caprese panino. I would come here again to browse around for the Italian foods and wine and for the funky atmosphere, but would probably not get a sandwich.

2  Thank alice2000
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Feel like you are on mulberry street in little Italy. Superb meatball sandwich with fresh sausage. Finished with some freshly made cannoli. A must for anyone who likes Italian fair!!!

1  Thank David D
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Awesome deals, delicious food, eclectic selection. Not your typical corner store. They put out a newsletter so we can stay on top of deals. The wine deals are the ones that we can't refuse.

They even have special events where they have chefs come in and cook food specifically suited to pair with 7 or 8 different wines. This place is really the full package.

1  Thank mizzdiane