“not sure what the fuss is about”
Review of Jimmy's Food Store

Jimmy's Food Store
Ranked #1 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 24, 2013

the sandwiches are ok, i thought mine was a bit dry (i got the chicken italian sandwich). the bread is fluffy and good but its so big it overpowers the sandwich. we did try the cannollis and they were excellent! they are only $2. i was disappointed that they did not have any chocolate ones. i would go back and try something else. i will say the guys that were with me really enjoyed the meatball and italian subs.

1  Thank busyDsweetness

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great little neighborhood store and deli. The best Italian meats and cheese in town! Great sandwiches. Can get crowded during lunchtime -- but worth the wait!

1  Thank DA H
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I decided to stop by here because it is rated well on tripadvisor.com. That was a great choice. The second you walk in, it smells of fresh italian sauce, bread, and meat. The shop has anything you could possibly need for italian cooking. We ordered a couple sandwiches and canolis. While we were waiting, we found a couple bottles of wine that were priced very modestly. Once we got our food, we sat down, and indulged. The food was true italy. from the bread to the sauce, and finishing with the sausage, it was delicious. Our wine complimented it well, and made the whole meal come together. Afterward we enjoyed some chocolate canolis, which were amazing. Overall the experience was outstanding. I would recommend this place to anyone in the Dallas area.

2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I recently found Jimmy's. On the day we went they were doing wine tasting. We tasted a Chianti wine from Italy. It was excellent. We purchased several bottle. The cost was $8.95 a bottle. My husband is a wine snob and we have never paid $8.95 for a bottle of wine. We also ate lunch there which was delicious. Then we shopped and the prices were terrific. Definitely will be returning.

1  Thank Born2Travel57
Reviewed December 31, 2012

On a tip from a friend we headed south into Dallas to find some Italian foods/bakery item. Wow is all I could say. From the meats, sausages, meat balls and the cheeses, I was in heaven. The staff is very attentive and the food to eat spectacular. Get the Italian Stallion sandwich and share it. This store had it all, pastas, frozen desserts, olives..whatever you need...oh, and did I mention their wine selections...hundreds of fine Italian wines with sommeliers on hand to help.
It may not be in the best neighborhood , but it has been there since the 60 's and a real treat to walk the aisles!!

1  Thank ivan P