“HIDDEN GEM in East Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jimmy's Food Store

Jimmy's Food Store
Ranked #1 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, Texas
“HIDDEN GEM in East Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great little neighborhood store and deli. The best Italian meats and cheese in town! Great sandwiches. Can get crowded during lunchtime -- but worth the wait!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank DA H

Austin, Texas
“The smell of a true Italian home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I decided to stop by here because it is rated well on tripadvisor.com. That was a great choice. The second you walk in, it smells of fresh italian sauce, bread, and meat. The shop has anything you could possibly need for italian cooking. We ordered a couple sandwiches and canolis. While we were waiting, we found a couple bottles of wine that were priced very modestly. Once we got our food, we sat down, and indulged. The food was true italy. from the bread to the sauce, and finishing with the sausage, it was delicious. Our wine complimented it well, and made the whole meal come together. Afterward we enjoyed some chocolate canolis, which were amazing. Overall the experience was outstanding. I would recommend this place to anyone in the Dallas area.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Andrew S
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Food and Great Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I recently found Jimmy's. On the day we went they were doing wine tasting. We tasted a Chianti wine from Italy. It was excellent. We purchased several bottle. The cost was $8.95 a bottle. My husband is a wine snob and we have never paid $8.95 for a bottle of wine. We also ate lunch there which was delicious. Then we shopped and the prices were terrific. Definitely will be returning.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Born2Travel57
Lantana, TX
“Italian Jackpot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

On a tip from a friend we headed south into Dallas to find some Italian foods/bakery item. Wow is all I could say. From the meats, sausages, meat balls and the cheeses, I was in heaven. The staff is very attentive and the food to eat spectacular. Get the Italian Stallion sandwich and share it. This store had it all, pastas, frozen desserts, olives..whatever you need...oh, and did I mention their wine selections...hundreds of fine Italian wines with sommeliers on hand to help.
It may not be in the best neighborhood , but it has been there since the 60 's and a real treat to walk the aisles!!

1 Thank ivan P
Dallas, Texas
“Great atmosphere, food, and prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I've been going here for years, and love it each time. I like to get the frozen pizza dough balls and have a pizza making party at home (everyone brings fav toppings - so fun!). The meatball subs are delicious - quite filling and tasty. The frozen pasta section is handy to always have yummy dinners a few minutes away. The olive oil and balsamic vinegar selections are extensive. They have tons of products straight from Italy, and I love seeing what they have each time I go. Enjoy! Buon apetito :)

2 Thank travelingtexan23