“Italian Jackpot!”

Jimmy's Food Store
Ranked #1 of 3,640 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 31, 2012

On a tip from a friend we headed south into Dallas to find some Italian foods/bakery item. Wow is all I could say. From the meats, sausages, meat balls and the cheeses, I was in heaven. The staff is very attentive and the food to eat spectacular. Get the Italian Stallion sandwich and share it. This store had it all, pastas, frozen desserts, olives..whatever you need...oh, and did I mention their wine selections...hundreds of fine Italian wines with sommeliers on hand to help.
It may not be in the best neighborhood , but it has been there since the 60 's and a real treat to walk the aisles!!

1  Thank ivan P
There are newer reviews for Jimmy's Food Store

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I've been going here for years, and love it each time. I like to get the frozen pizza dough balls and have a pizza making party at home (everyone brings fav toppings - so fun!). The meatball subs are delicious - quite filling and tasty. The frozen pasta section is handy to always have yummy dinners a few minutes away. The olive oil and balsamic vinegar selections are extensive. They have tons of products straight from Italy, and I love seeing what they have each time I go. Enjoy! Buon apetito :)

2  Thank travelingtexan23
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My favorite moment at Jimmy's is simply that first step through the door, when you get the first whiff of the wonderful smells.

As I head to the back counter, there is great fresh produce and jars of interesting products I have not found elsewhere. Along the back wall I have purchased flour for pasta and the olive oil.

However, the star is the deli counter. I had a party for friends and I needed a reasonably authentic antipasto. Jay behind the counter was terrrifically helpful with cheeses, olives and meats (also very patient).

The sandwiches are terrific, the best value in the place. I have had the italian (no mustard, no pickles, no mayo, extra lettuce, tomatoes, onion, dressing and peppers), and the meats are wonderful. Try them all, agian a great value.

1  Thank J P
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Jimmy's burned down a few years ago, but the family rebuilt and we are all glad they did. You cannot find a better sub sandwich at any price, and Jimmy's prices are the best. My favorite is the Italian Sub with everything on it. Enough for two for under $6, and it is outstanding.

1  Thank paulott
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Honestly - there are a lot of great places in Dallas with good sammies - but I have never had a better one than Jimmy's anywhere. Absolutely fantastic.

1  Thank Chach63