“Fabulous Christmas Dinner on Frosty Day!”

Saint Martin's Wine Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Saint Martin's Wine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 3,599 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Galveston Island, Texas
“Fabulous Christmas Dinner on Frosty Day!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for a wonderful place for Christmas lunch and St. Martin's Wine Bistro delivered. Starting with the complimentary valet parking in the rain and sleet, the experience went uphill from there. The service was outstanding and very professional.

The prix fixe menu for Christmas lunch offered selections for every palate. We had what according to the menu was the St. Martin’s specialty, Champagne Brie soup and the Lobster Bisque to start. Both were superb, but the Brie soup was awe-inspiring. The delicate champagne flavor mixed with the creaminess of the brie left me believing that I had started with the meal’s highpoint.

Fortunately, I was incorrect. I chose the veal scaloppini and practically licked the plate clean it was so tasty. Served it with rosemary mashed potatoes and a winter green vegetable mix that included perfectly steamed asparagus, it was the perfect entrée for the cold wintery day. My daughter’s Steak Diane looked delectable and she was pleased that the medium rare was really medium rare.

We ended the meal with the bread pudding and the chocolate terrine. The bread pudding was perfect with the hard sauce containing just the right amount of alcohol, warming – but not overpowering.

Thank you St. Martin’s for turning a cold, blustery Christmas day into a lovely, warm memory.

• Visited December 2012

plano, tx
“Thanksgiving lunch”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate here for Thanksgiving lunch with the family. Have previously dined with them for Christmas Day lunch as well. Fixed menu but plenty to choose from to suit all diners. Service was spotty but to be expected on such a busy day.

• Visited November 2012
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

What a pleasant experience, from making the reservation to the dining! Tucked out of the way near the "M" Streets on S Greenville Ave, it's a touch of old Europe in Texas. The decor is elegant. There's a great bar, a piano player, a terrific wine list, and a limited but wonderfully varied menu. Their house specialty appetizer, brie soup, is out of this world. Their veal is tender and delicious, the salmon beautifully prepared, and the beef bourgignon tasty and tender. There are no bad desserts, but the white chocolate cheesecake may be the best. The server was knowledgeable and considerate of my wife's lactose intolerance.
On the exepnsive side, but well worth it.
Valet parking is available, and almost required due to limited parking close by.
A new Top 5 for us in Dallas!

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, TX
“Our New Go To Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just returned from a visit to celebrate my birthday. We made reservations in advance and were fortunated enough to be seated in the "symphony alcove" - what a delightful area to dine. The minute we gave our name - I was greated with Happy Birthday. Our waiter, Patrick, was excellent - such attention to detail and took such good care of us. And, Martini, the gentleman who assisted our waiter, provided excellent service as well. The individual playing the piano did it "just right" - very relaxing and enjoyable. Atmosphere - could not be better.

The food - WOW!! Over the top wonderful. I had the mussels appetizer and I don't remember ever having tasted such good mussels. My husband had the champaigne brie soup and it was good as well - although - when we return - it's mussels for sure! Flavoring sure made the flavor of the mussels pop! Then the main courses - I had the Sea Bass and my husband had a combination of seafood served thermador style. Both were very good and very filling. Ths place is a bargain for the money spent.

We enjoy fine dining in a quiet location and this by far is our favorite. We dined here when we were dating - but hadn't been back since we have been married (13 years!!). This place remains an excellent choice that will not disappoint.

We will be back for our anniversary in December! You just can't go wrong.

Everything was good from the time we walked in the door until the time we left. Such an enjoyable evening...our kudos to the staff.

• Visited October 2012
London
“Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently had a meal in this restaurant
It was a fine dining experience with great attention to detail and presentation. Considering the quality the price was also excellent. The thing that was outstanding is I am a English Tour Director and had a group of passengers 20 with me. To offer fine dining in a private dining room of this quality to a large group is exceptional. Well done John!
Ps live piano too!