Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sihiwi
Gainesville, Texas
“Garden House”
Reviewed October 2, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

In our opinion, the "Garden House" is far more suited to a rental than a weekend getaway. We got it for a getaway weekend and were surprised to find that is located in a lower/middle income residential neighborhood with other houses all around. There was nothing on the web site to tell us this, and the only exterior picture is close cropped. We were so unhappy, having spent $779.70 for two nights, that we just decided to leave. Alla was extremely rude, blocking my car and yelling at me, as we tried to just leave. Follow-up emails and texts were inappropriate. There was an offer to stay at the main house at a later date, but we did not appreciate the way we were treated. To their credit, the bedrooms are very well decorated as the pictures show and the main house is beautiful and full of great antiques.

Rooms Location
Visit was for: Leisure
Traveling group: Couples
Management Response
Oct 14, 2016
Dear Sihiwi,
You weren't the one who made the reservation, but your wife did.
She called us 4 times and we ANSWERED ALL of her questions. I explained to her that the Bed and Breakfast was totally booked with other people from England, but that we also had a nice rental property close by a beautiful park with a lake which could accommodate 8 people overnight and sent her all the information and pictures about the house. She was apparently happy with what she saw and made a reservation!
I'm very sorry that your wife didn't fill good and was ill upon your arrival and this was why we made a very fast check in and you left to go to the Garden House.
If you didn't like the house, and didn't plan to stay, why did you turn on the central conditioner, laid down on the beds and spent almost 4 hours in the house?
After almost 4 hours of staying in the house, somebody from your group called me to tell me that you had to leave immediately in that very moment! I tried to ask why and that person hanged up the phone! I tried to call back, but no answer. So, I quickly drove to find out what happened. When I pulled up my car, you wanted to drive away without telling me anything because you were in a BIG RUSH (I didn't block your car by the way, I was NOT RUDE AT ALL, I just wanted to find out what happened. I wanted to talk to Terri, who originally made the reservation, but she was not in the car, and you wanted to leave so fast, that I let you to go, because I felt that you had some sort of emergency.
The next day, when you asked me for a refund, I explained to you our cancellation policies. Because you had an emergency, and I understood that this could happen to anyone, I gave you a FULL credit to stay at our Bed and Breakfast anytime by letter. You refused our offer, because you were embarrassed that you were NOT honest with us and just wanted your money back (after we lost other reservations!)
I understand that an emergency can happened with ANYONE and this we CAN'T CONTROL in our lives!
I hope that your wife didn't have any severe health problems and she is doing fine.
Best regards, Alla Wilkins.

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing