“A Nice Change of Pace” 5 of 5 stars

Zaguan South American Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #6 of 84 Bakeries in Dallas
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Spanish, Venezuelan, Colombian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Arlington, Texas
“A Nice Change of Pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Gluten Free! That's a biggie for the wife, so I figured I'd get that out of the way. They have everything clearly listed on their menu with a GF by it for easy access.

The food is very tasty! It's different than anything I've ever tasted, and I like eating here. I've been to Zaguan a few times with the wife, and we both enjoy exploring new tastes. I particularly like the Cachapa. She had the Arepas last time, and really liked it as well. She almost always gets some sort of dessert as well.

• Visited May 2014

dallas
“Slightly disappointing but would give it another try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had visited Buenos Aires a few month's before...not that I was expecting to feel like I had been swept away to that wonderful city, but I still left feeling slightly disappointed in my experience. The food was very greasy. Neither of us could finish it. Both of our orders got mixed up. To their credit, the waiter offered to replace it. Not quite knowing what exactly we were eating, we had already ate a third of our meal, so we declined. They graciously didn't charge us for one of the plates. I enjoyed the coffee, while my friend found it tasted like Sanka. Most of all, we were simply disappointed at the greasiness of the food. The service was attentive and friendly, and I did enjoy the vibe of the restaurant and the clientele.

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Not fancy, but the best food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I started going to this restaurant 10 years ago, just when they open. It is small, charming café, but the dishes are great. The best is Cachapa with pulled beef and cheese. It is always delicious and satisfying. If you want something unique, off the bitten path, this is the place. Not expensive and very tasty.

• Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Overpriced dive.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The place has mediocre food, terrible atmosphere, limited bar, poor service and high prices.
The menu and pricing is misleading. The place is a dive but not priced like one.

• Visited January 2014
Athens, Texas
“Excellent find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent cacachapas. Authentic homemade Venezuelan and South American Cuisine. Great prices and food.

• Visited July 2013