“Excellent find”

Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Athens, Texas
“Excellent find”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent cacachapas. Authentic homemade Venezuelan and South American Cuisine. Great prices and food.

• Visited July 2013

Bossier City, Louisiana
“Surprising Latin Food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Good place to go if you are adventurous and tired of Tex-Mex. This food is from south of Mexico, so don't expect the ordinary. My whole family loved it. Even better, it won't cost you like a higher end place. We will definitely go back when we are in town.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“A nice surprise, we'll be back often”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

In Dallas, mention a Latin Bakery and minds turn to La Duni for good reason. (I could go on and on about their endless coffe menu and the Warm Milk Chocolate Cake Pudding) My daughter's new place is just around the corner from Zaguan on Oak Lawn, so we thought we'd chance it for a quick breakfast. The minute we walked in and looked at the pastry case, we knew we'd made a good decision. We chose an outside table and ordered some strong coffee; yum! I had the Zaguan brunch for $12.99 which included an omelet with peppers topped with your choice of shredded beef or chicken in tomatoes, one arepa, and a smoothie! The omelet was large and perfectly cooked, and the beef on top was tender and juicy with just the right amount of spice. There are not enough words in the English language to properly describe the perfect Arepa. Sort of like a thin corn based English muffin with toasted cheese inside, then toasted all over goodness. The smoothies are hand made with your choice of water or milk base, and any combination of fruits you choose. I decided to try the Guanana which tasted like a combination of guava, pineapple and banana. Honestly, I can't remember what anyone else at the table had, my face was buried in my plate. Zaguan, I return to Dallas in 4 weeks, and this time I'm trying you for dinner and dessert and taking pastries to go!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank travelchick14
Wichita, Kansas
“Authentic”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

No chain fast food here! Nothing but authentic Venezuelan food. We stopped by at lunch time and it was packed. Had to wait a few minutes for a table but it was worth the wait. Wonderful service in a casual atmosphere. Would stop here again.

• Visited May 2013
Accra
“Best Venezuela food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, real Venezuelan food, love this place on a Sunday for lunch, really nice traditional food.

Visited April 2013