“No good Thai in Dallas”

Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Iowa
“No good Thai in Dallas”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have yet to find a really good Thai place in Dallas, this is just another average (at best). After reviewing the menu several times, I decided on fresh spring rolls only - nothing else looked appetizing (and I was hungry so that was not an issue, just really unappealing). The spring rolls were less than stellar. Though not horrible, I wouldn't recommend if you're in search of good Thai cuisine.

• Visited June 2012

“Tuk Tuk? Meh!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I was in downtown Dallas, looking for Chinese food for dinner. Using this app, I found Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine. This restaurant is more Thai than Chinese, but since I've found similar dishes in Chinese restaurants, I thought I'd try it out.

First, let me say that the wait staff was very friendly. I placed my order to go and gave them a "4" exclusively because of their courtesy.

I ordered the Spicy Curry Chicken Fried Rice. The dish contained fried rice, grilled chicken, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, and curry. The dish is supposed to be spicy and you have the option to make it as mild or spicy as you like, based on a scale of "1" (mild) to "5" (really spicy). I love spicy food, but I ordered mine a "4" just to play it safe. When I got it, it was full of rice and bell peppers, but little chicken or jalapeños.

I thought what I got was rather expensive. My dish was $9.99 as was all of its fried rice varieties. If you wanted a combination fried rice dish with a variety of meats, that was an additional $3.99. P.F. Chang's combo fried rice is not that expensive.

The decor was ok, kind of dark inside which would be nice to bring a date. However, the place looks closed when you walk up to the place.

In short, Tuk Tuk is not the best place in the world for Asian cuisine, but it's not the best.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wow, great, no, amazing lunch outside at...”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Wow, great, no, amazing lunch outside at Tuk Tuk! Stumbled across this by accident at lunch and they make a brilliant couple of spicy dishes for us. Excellent service and a seat outside in the sun. Better food than I've had before in an evening meal, no wonder they were busy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not bad, can't beat Royal Thai. Awesome Shrimp fried rice, but no sushi on the menu.”
Reviewed April 18, 2008