“Female waitstaff a little catty, could be friendlier to females in party”
Review of Luckys Cafe

Luckys Cafe
Ranked #217 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was pleasant, timeliness between ordering and being served was fair, overall a pleasant place to eat, could use better female waitstaff though, the lady we got had no interest in customer service.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a family member that lives in Dallas. We decided to try it and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was nice and the employees really took care of us. We all had breakfast dishes and they were all amazing. If you are in Dallas, stop by. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife, two friends and I ate at Lucky's on a Sunday morning and had an excellent experience. This is a traditional, old-school, high-quality diner type place with excellent service, food, atmosphere, and vibe. All of our breakfasts were excellent and were served promptly by well-trained staff.

I would strongly suggest you arrive before 9AM, at least on a Sunday. We arrived at 8:45 AM and there were empty tables. My 9:00 AM all tables were taken, and by 9:30 AM there were at least two dozen people waiting.

I am confident this will become one our favorite places for breakfast and look forward to returning.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife discovered this restaurant when she was in town. We've been back numerous times and we always make Lucky's one of our stops. If you like home cooking without all of the country baggage, this is your place. The staff is very friendly and even recommended the cake shop next place when we asked a small desert. Of course the cake shop is owned by one of the contestants from "The Next Great Baker". If was cup cake happy hour (I'm so tired of the ridiculous cup cake trend) and we decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did.

All of their cupcakes were based on their white wedding cake with frosting/tops for flavor. These are without a doubt the BEST cupcakes I've ever had.

1  Thank William Y
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place was worth the research we did for "Best Breakfast in Dallas." I can't necessarily says this IS indeed the best breakfast in Dallas, but it was very, very good nonetheless. My wife had the french toast which was superbly done in a nice-sized portion while I had the southwest(?) omelet with black beans & red onions which was huge and tasted as good as it looked. The best part were the potatoes that came with my meal: perfectly cooked and seasoned and delicious with some ketchup on them. The service was great and the prices were quite reasonable.