“Good As Any”
Review of Tupinamba Restaurant - MOVED

Tupinamba Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My first choice of Tex-Mex in Dallas is always Tupinamba on Inwood Road, near LBJ-635. I've enjoyed Tupi's for more than forty years. Although I now live in Virginia, Dallas is my home, and I never miss a chance to dine at Tupi's when I'm in Dallas. You'll the freshly made salsa doesn't burn your taste buds away, but still has plenty of flavor. The crispy tostados are fresh made, and unlike so many places, they aren't grease-laden or stale. Do you ever grow tired of so-called Tex-Mex restauranrts pouring cheese whiz over tostados and calling it nachos? Tupi's Nachos Supreme are the best I've ever had. This item can be a whole meal by itself. The Tex-Mex dishes are authentic and freshly made. Fresh or pickled jalapenos are free for the asking. Table service is very good, even in busy meal times. Where I come from, There's none better. There's full-service bar. Don't miss out!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have eaten at Tupinambas about once a week for the last three or four years. It may be the oldest family-owned Mexican restaurant in Dallas. The chicken fajitas and the salsa are awesome though I will admit I haven't really tried everything on the menu.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

In the last 60 years, fads and fancy have come and gone in the Dallas Tex-Mex restaurant scene. Tupinamba has stayed true to tradition: good food, well prepared, excellent service, reasonable price, and a pleasant atmosphere.
Week day, lunch specials are a steal. The customer is the thief.
This is one of the best, as it was long ago.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The restaurant dining area is very dated. Worn carpet & old chairs. The service was good. The hot sauce was fairly good but a tad salty. The food overall was very average. I was underwhelmed! Plus for Tex-Mex, the entrees were pricey averaging $12 to $13 per entree. I would not return as the experience was mediocre. The good news is there was not a wait for a table!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

A Dallas tradition, "Tupi's" has been around for decades. The food is still excellent, the service friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is friendly and comfortable, a little more upscale than the average Mexican restaurant. Definitely worth trying if you're in the vicinity! Cheese enchiladas are to die for!