“Another good Organic restaurant experience in Dallas”
Review of Kozy Kitchen

Kozy Kitchen
Ranked #156 of 3,896 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We initially intended on dining at the Origins across the street. But when we arrived we learned they were closed for menu changes. This was to be a birthday dinner for me and my preference ( dining with our 2 year old on the busiest night in Dallas (TX/OU game day) was to find a place that served organic food. Well, Kozy Kitchen right across the street had been on our list as well- but I thought they only served breakfast and lunch.

We were happy to see the "open" sign on and find them ready to serve dinner!

Among the organic restaurants in town (what we can count on one hand-- hopefully we'll need two hands some day to count them all)....this one should advertise better for dinner!

Establishment is big enough - plenty of tables. Our server did something I have never experienced before - he gladly helped me thoroughly wipe down (with my wipes) the highchair for our toddler. He said he had 3 of his own and totally understood.

The menu was very approachable. After glancing through I found lots of dished I wanted to try and somewhat hard to choose. Grass fed beef and bison options, a wild salmon dish, gluten free bread options clearly noted, as well an extra side of protein column to boot. Basically this restaurant would meet very well for those eating a Paleo diet and those with gluten intolerance at least ( not sure about celiac).

We had the baked brie and goat cheese in marinara sauce appetizer. Seemed to be a favorite at other tables. We enjoyed but would try something else next time.

I ordered the grass fed burger with GF bun and my husband ordered the grass fed rib-eye on special that evening. The meats were good. Burger juicy and flavorful as grass fed should be.
What we really interesting was the amount of sauteed vegetables that came with my burger.
There were so many piled high from squash to broccolini to onions and sun dried tomatoes that I didn't know where my burger started on my plate. Now being 10 months pregnant may have had something to do with it, but I got full very fast just looking at all these gorgeous delicious vegetables.

We didn't even need the side of sauteed spinach there was so much on our plates.

For dessert ( this was a birthday dinner after all- despite no room for more than three bites off my plate we ordered one dessert to split) we ordered the gluten free and dairy free chocolate cake. There were a number of cakes to choose from, and from the sounds of it just a couple of GF options. I would not suggest getting this cake again as it was very dry for what it could have been. There are great Paleo flourless chocolate cake recipes out there that would blow this one away.

Overall service was terrific. Food came very quick. Plenty of options for our 2 year old. Family friendly in the dining room. The bonus complimentary wine was also nice ( for my husband of course). They are BYOB, however if they have something to share they do so ( may be awaiting a liquor license).

The only disappointment was the bathroom. Despite the clean living menu in the dining room, the ladies restroom is heavily scented with a cheap toilet freshener which means you are just breathing in toxins ( phthalates). Also the restroom was not terribly clean or recently stocked.
Also no place to change a diaper fyi.

We will be back. My husband really liked the place - and he's not especially looking for the organic restaurant experience as I am.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and couldn't have been more pleased. It was fairly easy to get to with enough parking in the back. It was nothing to look at from the exterior....wouldn't have even considered it if I hadn't read the reviews. The food was really good. My omelet with lots of interesting ingredients was stuffed full. The challah french toast was a hit and we loved the fresh squeezed juice combinations. The service was friendly, not super speedy, but worth waiting a bit for such a good meal. I definitely would eat here again to try more of the menu.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Healthy ingredients. Deliciously cooked and prepared. Perfectly seasoned grass-fed filet. Awesome salad. And delicious sweet potato hash.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I was really impressed with this place in all aspects but the service. They have a self-serve coffee bar with delicious coffee, unbelievable French toast, and the venison sausage was spectacular. I asked at the end of the meal if they had a loaf of challah I could buy, and they brought over a giant bagged loaf (I later made my own challah French toast for dinner-- delicious, but not as good as Kozy's). I don't know if we were forgotten about or what, but the service wasn't great (it probably took 30 minutes just to get a menu), but it didn't bother is that much bc we weren't in a hurry. Overall, great place for brunch! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I went to this tiny restaurant off of knox Henderson in dallas. We couldn't be happier with the food. It is very unassuming from the exterior, but inside they were making magic. The juice was fresh. I ad he Migas, with chicken and it was out of his world. We will definitely be back!