“Great Small Plate Experience ”

Si Tapas & Spanish Cuisine
Ranked #380 of 3,614 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Wichita, Kansas
“Great Small Plate Experience ”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My mother wanted to take us out to an eating establishment as part of our Xmas. None of my family had experienced Spanish Tapas, so I choose Si Tapas in uptown Dallas.
Our choice was aided by my mother wanting grilled lamb chops. We were at the restaurant at about 5:00pm. We started oureal with the Boquerones en Vonagre. The anchovies were clean & fresh - probably the best my fiancé have had at the many Tapas restaurants around the country.
We ordered the Chuletas de Cordero a la Parrilla for Mom. She received 4 small lamb chops (I ate one) & neither of us were disappointed. They were perfectly grilled!
We ordered a couple of the Sirloin steak in Cabrales sauce. It was rich and tastey! It paired well with the Setas al Ajillo- sautéed wild mushrooms in garlic sauce. The Patatas con Chorizo was equally good.We ordered the Gambas al Ajillo (Shrimp in Garlic) and found them quite good also.
My brother ordered the Paella Mixta for two. However, there was plenty for all of us to have a small plate.
Since we shared our small plates, we had plenty of room for desserts. My brother had the Pan Perdido - sautéed bread with caramelized apples & homemade vanilla ice-cream. He was quite pleased. My mom had the Strawberries w/ oranges & black pepper ice cream in a Grand Marnier sauce. It was by far the best dessert for my tastes. My fiancé & sister-in-law had the Catalan style cream brûlée w/ white chocolate shavings. It was well executed. I ordered the Pera Escalfada en Cava con Salsa de Passion con Chocolate. This was my only disappointment of the meal. The chef must have forgotten the Passionfruit because I received a cold pear with chocolate sauce with vanilla ice-cream on the side! Once I got a knife to cut up the pear, it wasn't too bad in the chocolate sauce but nothing spectacular - nothing like pictured on the website menu!
All and all, we had a wonderful Xmas dining experience sans Pera. We certainly will visit Si Tapas again on one of our future trips to Dallas.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Food and good service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We dined at Si Tapas last week and the food was amazing. Even though the place is small and gets crowded. Parking is a problem in downtown Dallas, if you arrive early it should be fine. They have a large selection of wines for decent price. I personally liked their carrot salad and spanish omelette. I would highly recommend to try their creme brulee, it is so delicious.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, TX
“Excellent Food, Great Service and Decent Prices”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Although the prices can really add up when you try several dishes, I did find the overall expense reasonable for the quality of food. Aside from the great service and nice location, the variety of items catered to almost any taste (or dietary restriction). What was really exceptional was the quality of ingredients used. Everything was very fresh, very well prepared and very flavorful. I am generally not a big fan of Sangria, but after trying Si Tapas version I believe I must have previously experienced Sangria using a lower quality wine. Theirs it excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Scotland
“Wonderful food.”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had dinner with our friends at Si Tapas as they live in Dallas and go regularly............it was a great recommendation, great food and a lovely atmosphere, the tapas dishes were unusual and very tasty so we all had a lovely evening.

Visited September 2012
Nebraska
“great paella”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great paella & very good service. Reasonable prices. Given the location, use the valet parking. It's in a converted house but done so nicely. Very glad we made the effort.

• Visited April 2013