“A hidden gem!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nestled in the State & Thomas / Uptown area of Dallas, if you blink you would miss Si Tapas ... that is unless the Zagat's sticker on the front door catches your eye! Clearly a renovated house, this place is such a treat! Expansive bar, wooden floors, wine wall in the back stone-floored room, there's plenty to offer in such a small place. The atmosphere is clean and cozy - my friend and I sat for lunch in that back room looking out to a patio reminiscent of a European cafe: lattice roof, a few tables and chairs enclosed by railings and trees wrapped with lights - can imagine how gorgeous it would be at night!

We tried the Tomae al Ajillo (and could have had 2), Aceitunas de la Casa, Montadito de Casa Lucas, Solomillo a la Mostaza and Pollo en Cerveza - and all were spectacular! My friend wasn't a seafood lover, so I wasn't able to try any of those dishes, but there were plenty!

MUST TRY: the sangria. I'm not typically a sangria-lover but this was great, very light, refreshing and cranberry-juice like.

Parking: during the day this isn't a problem, but at night the only viable option is valet.

I am definitely planning a return visit!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have been there a couple of times, and compared to the real thing in Spain (where I've lived for years), it is a pretty good bet. I'd say that is the best real Spanish (from Spain) restaurant in Dallas.

Of course, the prices are in the high end, but you get a quality product, without trying to make any fancy americanization of the plates. I like this place to get a Spanish beer (I recommend Estrella) and some "Jamon Serrano" and fresh cut "Chorizo". Service was excellent and the place is usually crowded giving it a even more typical experience.

Be aware that a tapas bar is not a place for a formal dinner, it's more of casual place to join your friend and chat over a beer with some tapas on the side. You can go elsewhere later and have a steak; if you try to kill the hunger in tapas prepare the checkbook!

2  Thank Pauak
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The experience is completely worthwhile!!! Wonderful place! Very good food and quality! The food was splendid and reminds me the typical flavors from Spain. This place take care to offer the original taste of tapas. Probably the dishes are larger that expected for tapas but the important is that the quality and taste of food is amazing!
Also, they offer a large menu of Spanish dishes keeping the original recipe from Spain, I love it!!
The atmosphere makes you feel in Spain. Many of spanish people goes there to watch soccer games and they are very friendly!! Don't miss this place and ask for spanish beers too!

1  Thank Elinadallas
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The good-veggie paella was solid, wine list was well priced and varied. And, the owner did treat us to a free dessert (see ugly, below). Free valet parking.

The bad - tapas were uninspired and ranged from acceptable to poor.

The ugly - they don't take reservations. I called at 7pm and said we'd like to come by at 9:30 would that be a problem. The owner said, no problem we can seat you right away at that time. Showed up at 9:30 and:
1. Was told we would have a 40 minute wait, this actually turned out to be 50 minutes. Even after reminding the owner that I had called only 2.5 hours early, he just shrugged his shoulders. If he had just offered to buy us a drink and acknowledge the issue, that would have gone a long way
2. There was no place to sit and wait. Finally some folks left the bar and we were able to sit
3. Unless you speak Spanish/are a regular, the bar tender will ignore you. Finally we were able to buy a bottle of wine, but it took way more effort then it should have
4. Maybe all of this could have been overlooked if the food had been great, but it wasn't.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Disappointed that they did not really offer tapas they were large plates. Very pricey. Sangria was very generic and average when this should be a specialty at any Spanish restaurant. Not very nice inside either