“Makes a solid pie”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Coal Vines is always one of my pizza go-tos when I am in Uptown. They make an excellent brick oven pie that is consistently good. They are centrally located and easy to walk to, and are often full but due to the nature of pizza, can turn tables pretty quickly. They also have a great wine list with a knowledgeable staff that can tell you what they are currently offering that may be of interest. Make sure you bring your sweater or sit by the oven, they often keep the restaurant pretty cold year round.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I really could not say it was excellent but it definitely will not disappoint. I tried three various styles from there and all were good but not spectacular. So they can join the ranks of Fireside Pies, Grimaldi's, Cane Rosso, Campisi's. All very good pizzas.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I checked this place out last night and really enjoyed it. The ambiance was very warm and inviting and opens to the outside, which is a nice touch. The wine was great, for starters. I had the Malbec. I also started with a kale salad that was very good, and I had the original pizza with some veggie toppings. I appreciate that they were fairly generous with the sauce. I also love a good thin crust pizza. This definitely hit the spot. The service was a little slow, but we were also a little slow in deciding, so she probably just wanted to give us some space. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

One of the best pizzas in Dallas, its a must go if you are close to one.
Like the white pizza! Wine list is good!

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Go here after a long work day of business travel. Good for winding down with associates. Pizza all around was good. Seemed to be made with fresh ingredients. Crust is thin for those that care. 3 pizzas was enough for 6 people. Wine and beer flows and the service was great.