“Very pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vietnam Restaurant
Ranked #553 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Open on Sunday. Authentic food. Incredible number of choices on the menu. I had a pork and snow peas dish that was excellent. Green tea was good and hot and they checked to see if I needed refills.

Visited March 2013

Dallas, Texas
“A Twenty-Year Favorite of Authentic Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been eating at this restaurant for 20 years. It has gone through about three different families, but the food has stayed consistently good and authentic. We have watched children grow up and come back to the restaurant. We live in downtown Dallas and it is a staple for us...we eat here at least once a week. The atmosphere is modest, but attractive. The service is good, but not white glove, fine dining. I like to think of this as "down home, vietnamese comfort food." Everything is good. Pho, vermicelli bowls, all stir-fry dishes are outstanding. My favorites are Lemon Grass Chicken Stew and the Sizzling Rice Soup. The Spring Rolls--both fried and non-fried are favorites of everyone. The hot and sour soup is a wonderful blending of chicken broth, vegetables, pineapple (yes, it sounds odd, but is great) with a tangy, slightly sweet flavor. If you happen to be here Monday through Friday at lunch, they have an amazing buffet of 20 or more dishes for an unbelievable price of under 8 bucks. It is a little off the beaten track in a transitional neighborhood, but only a mile or so from downtown Dallas to the east. A 10 minute cab ride. Highly recommended if you are more into cuisine, and less about style.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“My favorite Pho...with a unique twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have a moderate amount of experience with Vietnamese restaurants in various cities in the U.S. I have to say, this one shot straight to the top for me today. We have seen the storefront when we've been in the area and decided we would try it when we had the time. Now we will make time.

We arrived at around 12:45 PM, late in the lunch rush. It was busy but there was immediate seating. We had intended to try their lunch buffet, but when we saw the offerings, it seemed a bit too close to a Chinese Buffet style offering and my husband and I are both Pho fanatics. We instead ordered the Seafood Pho off the menu. I was very happy we made this choice.

I have had fantastic Pho, but this was both excellent and unique. When the Pho was placed in front of me, I could smell a distinct aroma of what I think was cinnamon basil (or at least cinnamon). It was unexpected but very enticing. The herbs, etc. on the side were extremely fresh, and without any additional sauces, the flavor was truly enjoyable from start to finish. We ordered the X-Large size, which was less than $8. A price that I consider more than reasonable for a meal. My husband finished his easily, but I will have another enjoyable with the leftovers later.

I also tried a green tea bubble tea. I'm a bit of a bubble tea snob, having first experienced it at a specialty tea shop, but this was still an enjoyable smoothie-style drink/dessert. The tapioca balls weren't all as soft as they should be, but the green tea-flavored smoothie-like drink was a delightful addition to the meal and would be an even better dessert.

The restaurant front and inside is not fancy, but unless I'm out for a special romantic dinner, that doesn't really matter to me. The servers weren't always easily available, but there were a lot of customers, and everyone was very pleasant when we asked a question and when we changed our minds after looking at the buffet.

They now have a full bar too (I'm not sure how recently it opened, but based on the website, I'd say it was somewhat recently). If we were there for drinking, I'd probably see if they could whip up a delicious spiked bubble tea.

We will certainly dine here again in the future.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tianjin, China
“Authentic Vietnamese with a friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

I go this place a couple of times a week. The owner is very friendly and the staff is always willing to help you out with your questions. I say authentic, because there are very few VN restaurants in the area that you can get pigs feet and congealed blood to your Pho, as well as frogs legs on the menu. Prices are very reasonable for the amount of food and they even have a lunch buffet. The building is an older building in one of the older sections of northeast downtown, but it is clean and the staff is friendly and available.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ZhuHuaLong
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good vietnamese but the...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

Good vietnamese but the pho is lacking depth. Cheap though, and a good lunch.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook