“very disappointed”

Fearing's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fearing's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Pearl and McKinney
Description: #1 in the U.S. (Zagat-rated 2009). Elevated American Cuisine - global flair with the unmistakable signature of one of Southwest Cuisine's founding fathers, Celebrity Chef Dean Fearing. Rare wines, outstanding cocktails and plenty of local favorites.
new york
“very disappointed”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is extremely expensive and supposed to be high end, but the food was very disappointing, Everything was covered in strange sauces and tasted weird.

Visited May 2013

Ardmore, OK
“Lovely Uptown Lunch”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

After spending the morning at the Dallas Tower Antique Show we were looking forward to
an exceptional meal at Fearing's. My friend and I were pleased to be served delicious scallops,
white cheddar cheese grits, and a crunch salad. The food couldn't have been better.
The lunch time crowd wasn't a quiet group overall but while there you get the feeling you are in the
best place to enjoy a good visit over lunch on any given day of the week.

• Visited May 2013
Louisiana
“Food is still stellar...service needs a little tune up!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were staying a couple of days at the Ritz & called for a take-out order (trying to minimize a service charge to our room & I was going down-stairs anyway). The Fearing's receptionist directed me to Room Service...even after I told her I preferred to pick up the "take-out" order myself. Room Service was eager to assist me, but lacked knowledge of the menu items I questioned. When paying $44 for Elk & $48 for buffalo...knowledge of product is key! Fearing's would do better to capture hotel guests "take-out" or "room delivery" requests for meals themselves- ensuring all inquiries are answered quickly & correctly. Possibly, the Ritz may wish to reconsider the room service options to minimize any future confusion. Nonetheless, the quality of the food was stellar, despite the conundrum.

• Visited May 2013
Richardson, Texas
“Don't Bother....”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My girlfriends took me here for my 50th birthday dinner. We were sat in the very back of the restaurant, almost inside the waiter's serving station. The waiter and "staff" of helpers were extremely arrogant, had trouble answering a simple question from the wine list and overall inattentive. We had to ask for water several time. The food is all smoky - nothing special and all ends up tasting the same. Will not go back.....

• Visited February 2013
New York, NY
“Expected greatness but was let down”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I am familiar with Chef Fearing from the Mansion so when I heard he moved from the Ritz I was excited to try his new restaurant. The staff was very nice and the Chef's visit was unexpected but the amount of staff just roaming the restaurant watching over each table was annoying. I do like a full glass of water but having managers walk by every 2 min and just stand there watching over the room is odd. The meal was good but I expected more of an exotic meal with exciting flavors. It was not worth the money and the patrons in the bar made it feel very sleazy (old men/ young women/ ladies of the night).

Visited May 2013

Been to Fearing's Restaurant? Share your experiences!